Just one day before the premiere of the upcoming Japanese release of Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F (Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’/Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu No F), the final trailers and images for the film have been released. The new material reveals that Goku will have a new form in the movie against Frieza.
A brand new trailer has revealed that Goku attains a new form with Blue looking hair and blue aura. He will be fighting against the revived Frieza and his new golden form. Here is the new trailer that showcases their new forms:
Another trailer was also revealed that has the other Z warriors pit off against Frieza’s new forces:
The anime’s official site has revealed the new updated character designs for the main protagonists of Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F:
- Masako Nozawa (Tetsuro Hoshino in Ginga Tetsudou 999) returns to voice Goku
- Ryo Horikawa (Heiji Hattori from Detective Conan) as Vegeta
- Masako Nozawa will also be voicing Gohan
- Toshio Furukawa (Ataru Moroboshi in Urusei Yatsura) voices Piccolo
- Mayumi Tanaka (Luffy Monkey D. in One Piece) is back as Krillin
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Akihiko Sanada from Persona 3) is voicing Tien Shinhan
- Masaharu Satou (Woll Dolnard in Maze☆Bakunetsu Jikuu) voices the role of Master Roshi
- Hiromi Tsuru (Dokin-chan in Sore Ike! Anpanman) will voice Bulma
- Yuko Minaguchi (Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon S) as Videl
- Miki Itou (Taiga Fujimura from Fate/stay night) is voicing Android 18
- Koichi Yamadera (Togusa in Ghost in the Shell) is back to voice Beerus
- Masakazu Morita (Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach) voices Whis
- Shoko Nakagawa (Diana in Sailor Moon: Crystal) is voicing Oracle Fish
- Shigeru Chiba (Kazuma Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho) as Pilaf
- Tesshou Genda (Kurama in Naruto) voices Shu
- Eiko Yamada (Anne Shirley from Akage no Anne) is voicing as Mai
The main theme song of the film will be Z no Chikai performed by 5 member idol group Momoiro Clover Z, who will star as members of the Angels of Hell. It was earlier announced that Maximum the Hormone’s 2008 song F will be featured in Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F during one of the movie’s main fight scene. The song itself was about Frieza himself, which also inspired the title of the new film.
A flyer has been distributed around Japan recently, and has revealed the director of the upcoming film who will be Tadayoshi Yamamuro. Yamamuro is the Animation Director of various Dragon Ball Z films, including the 2012 film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. The anime’s website has released a series of still images from the film:
The upcoming movie will be the 15th overall theatrical film in the Dragon Ball Z franchise. It will be an new original story written by the manga’s creator Akira Toriyama, similar to the 2012 Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods film. Toriyama will be more involved with the upcoming film, being credited with the original concept, screenplay and character designs. The story is being treated by Toriyama like if it were a continuation of the original Dragon Ball manga. He has been putting a large amount of effort into the art and story and making sure all the finer details are all perfect, earning the praise of his original editor. Toriyama also teased that there will be more action scenes and that it will be “utterly funny”.
Here is the first trailer for the film:
And the second trailer:
Dragon Ball is an acclaimed manga created by Akira Toriyama that was first published in 1984. The first anime adaptation of the manga, Dragon Ball, first aired in 1986 and was produced by Toei Animation. The series ended in 1989, in which the second half of the manga was then adapted with a new name: Dragon Ball Z. The anime and manga series were insanely popular in Japan, with the manga itself selling over 156 million copies to date, being the second highest selling manga of all time. The anime was soon picked up by Funimation Entertainment in 1995 to distribute in North America, where they made their own dub for the anime. Since then, a slew of merchandise, films, manga, games and card games, began releasing worldwide to capitalise on the franchise’s popularity till this day, over 30 years since the manga was first published.
Here is the synopsis of Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F:
An Earth where peace has arrived. However, remnants of Frieza’s army Sorbet and Tagoma (from the Japanese word for ‘egg’) arrive on the planet. Their goal is to revive Frieza with the dragon balls. Their dastardly wish is granted, the “F” that plans its revenge against the Saiyans is revived…!
Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F will be out in Japanese theatres tomorrow, April 18th in both 2D and Imax 3D. A North American screening of the film has been announced by Funimation to release this Summer.
You can visit the film’s website here: http://www.dragonball2015.com/
“Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F”, “Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu No F”, “Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’“, “Dragon Ball Z”, “Dragon Ball”, images, videos and all associating brands and titles © 2015 Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation