The official website of Gatchaman Crowds insight, the second season of the Gatchaman Crowds anime, has revealed a brand new visual for the July series. Additionally, a new trailer has been released for the upcoming Blu-ray release for the anime’s first season.
Here is the first visual earlier that was earlier released:
A brand new promotional video has been released for the upcoming Blu-ray release for the first season of Gatchaman Crowds. The release will be titled Gatchaman Crowds: Special Price Edition and will contain all 12 episodes of the anime, in addition to the director’s cut of the final episode Gatchaman Crowds: Embrace, a special digipack, non-credit versions of the OP and ED, and a special three way case. The Blu-ray will release on May 27th and will cost ¥10,000 ($83.40 USD) before tax.
The main cast from the first season of the Gatchaman Crowds anime will return in the upcoming season:
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) as Hajime Ichinose
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) voiced Joe Hibiki
- Ryota Osaka (Nagate Tanikaze from Knights of Sidonia) voiced the role of Sugane Tachibana
- Aya Hirano (Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail) voices Paiman
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe in Steins;Gate) was voicing Berg-Katze
- Kotori Koiwai (Renge Miyauchi from Non Non Biyori) played Utsu-tsu
- Daisuke Hosomi (Souichirou Mikuni in C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control) voicing as O.D
- Ayumu Murase (Shun Aonuma from Shinsekai yori) as Rui Ninomiya
And the following staff members will also return:
- Director: Kenji Nakamura (C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, tsuritama)
- Series Composer and Script Writer: Toshiya Ono (tsuritama, Suite Precure)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuichi Takahashi (Macross Frontier, tsuritama)
- Music Composer: Taku Iwasaki (Akame ga Kill!, Gurren Lagann)
- Animation Studio: Tatsunoko Productions (Ping Pong The Animation, Psycho-Pass Season 2)
Gatchaman Crowds is a action sci-fi anime series that broadcasted in late 2013 based on the original 1972 Gatchaman anime. The original series was a massive success during its broadcast that earned an average televised rating of 21% and ended after a total of 105 episodes. Since then there has been various anime films, anime series and video games based on the series, as well as a live action film that released in 2013. The recent anime adaptation was produced in July 2013 in the Fall/Autumn 2013 anime season that ran for a total of 12 episodes, being directed by Kenji Nakamura (C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, tsuritama) and produced by
Here is a synopsis of the series:
The story is set in Japan in the early summer of 2015. 180,000 people live in Tachikawa City, the “second metropolis” of the Tokyo area. Among them are “Gatchaman”—warriors who fight in special reinforced suits powered by “NOTE,” the manifestation of special spiritual powers in living beings. A council has scouted a group of individuals with latent powers to protect Earth from alien criminals. In recent years, the council has assigned Gatchaman warriors to deal with the mysterious entity known as “MESS.”
The second season of the Gatchaman Crowds anime, Gatchaman Crowds insight, will be airing this July during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed soon.
“Gatchaman Crowds Insight”, “Gatchaman Crowds”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Tatsunoko Productions, Gatchaman Crowds Production Committee VAP and NTV