The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Okayado’s Monster Musume (Everyday Life with Monster Girls) manga has revealed that the TV anime will begin its broadcast from July 8th this Summer. Additionally, the site has also revealed the cast member of the main lead character, Kimihito Kurusu.
The Monster Musume anime will premiere on July 8th at 12:30am JST on Tokyo MX. The anime will also air on Sun TV and KBS Kyoto at the same time. It will also air on BS11 on July 9th at 12:00am JST.
The site has also revealed the cast member of the main human male character of the upcoming series. Kimihito Kurusu will be voiced by Junji Majima (Ryuuji Takasu from Toradora!).
The other members of the anime’s main cast were earlier revealed and include:
- Sora Amamiya (Asseylum Vers Allusia from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice Miia, the redheaded Lamia
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) as Papi, a Blue Haired Harpy
- Natsuki Aikawa (Petra Ral in Attack on Titan) as Centorea Shianus, a Blonde Centaur
- Mayuka Nomura (Sayaka Shimizu in Rescue Me!) will be voicing Suu, the green hair Slime Girl
- Haruka Yamazaki (Tomoyo Kanzaki from Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) joins the cast to voice Meroune Lorelei, a pink haired Mermaid
- Sakura Nakamura (Akebi Sasaki in Girls und Panzer) voices Rachnera Arachnera, the lavender haired Arachne
- Yuu Kobayashi (Katsuragi from Senran Kagura) joins the cast as Sumisu
The previous issue of Megami magazine has revealed a brand new visual that features the horsegirl Centorea Shianus.Click on the image for the full resolution
The latest issue of Animage has also featured a new visual for the upcoming anime, this one focusing on the Harpy Papi.
Here is another full visual from a previous issue of Megami magazine that features Miia:
The main members of the Monster Musume anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san, Yoru no Yatterman)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, Hajime no Ippo Rising)
- Character Designer and Animation Director: Takaya Sunagawa (Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~, Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san)
- Chief Animation Director: Shunji Akasaka (Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san and Wake Up, Girls! Key Animator)
- Sound Director: Hiroto Morishita (Blade & Soul, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai)
- Music Composers: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Yuushibu) and manzo (Keihin Kazoku , Himitsu Kessha Taka no Tsume Countdown)
- Animation Studios: Lerche (Assassination Classroom, Re:␣Hamatora) and Seven (Ai Mai Mi, Strange+)
The first promotional video of the Monster Musume anime has been released. The PV reveals the first footage of the anime and also previews the Opening theme song. The OP will be Saikousoku Fall in Love (Highest Speed Fall in Love) performed by Smith with MON, the main voice actresses of the anime. The Ending theme will be Hey! Smith!! sung by the voices of Ms. Smith, Manako, Tionishia, Zombina, and Doppel.
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (Everyday Life with Monster Girls) or just Monster Musume, is a romantic, ecchi harem manga written and illustrated by Okayado (Takemaru Inui). The series began in March 2012 in Tokuma Shoten’s Monthly Comic Ryu magazine where a total of 7 volumes have been compiled and published to date, with over 1,000,000 copies sold. The series has been very popular where the release of new volumes debut in the top 3. The Monster Musume anime was announced in the manga’s 7th volume that released in March this year.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Monsters—they’re real, and they want to date us! Three years ago, the world learned that harpies, centaurs, catgirls, and all manners of fabulous creatures are not merely fiction; they are flesh and blood—not to mention scale, feather, horn, and fang. Thanks to the “Cultural Exchange Between Species Act,” these once-mythical creatures have assimilated into society, or at least, they’re trying.
When a hapless human named Kurusu Kimihito is inducted as a “volunteer” into the government exchange program, his world is turned upside down. A snake-like lamia named Miia comes to live with him, and it is Kurusu’s job to take care of her and make sure she integrates into his everyday life. Unfortunately for Kurusu, Miia is undeniably sexy, and the law against interspecies breeding is very strict. Even worse, when a ravishing centaur girl and a flirtatious harpy move in, what’s a full-blooded young man with raging hormones to do?!
The Monster Musume anime adaptation will be airing from July 8th on Tokyo MX at 12:30am JST, during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Source Article and Images – Monster Musume Anime Website
“Monster Musume”, “Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou”, “Everyday Life with Monster Girls”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Okayado, Takemaru Inui and Tokuma Shoten