The official website of the anime adaptation of Atto’s Non Non Biyori manga has revealed a brand new visual for the second season of the anime, Non Non Biyori Repeat. The site has also revealed that a pre-screening event will be held in June just before the anime’s premiere in July.
The anime’s website has revealed that there will be a pre-screening event for the first episode of Non Non Biyori Repeat. The event will be held on June 14 at the Hibiya Kokaido theatre in Tokyo, Japan from 1:00pm. Tickets for the event will cost ¥2,500 (~ $21 USD) and are currently available for order till April 5th, before a second wave of tickets being available from April 17 till April 26. The event will have the main members of the anime’s cast in attendance: Kotori Koiwai (Renge), Rie Murakawa (Hotaru), Ayane Sakura (Natsumi), Kana Asumi (Komari), and Kaori Nazuka (Kazuho).
The site has earlier revealed that the main cast from the previous anime season will return in Non Non Biyori Repeat. Alongside the new character designs, the main cast includes:
- Kotori Koiwai (Utsu-tsu in Gatchaman Crowds) will return to voice Renge Miyauchi
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) will be back as Natsumi Koshigaya
- Kana Asumi (Nyaruko in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san) voices Komari Koshigaya
- Rie Murakawa (Aoi Futaba from Vividred Operation) as Hotaru Ichijou
- Misato Fukuen (Yoshika Miyafuji from Strike Witches) voicing as Hikage Miyauchi
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) is voicing Kaede Kagayama
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) will voice Kazuho Miyauchi
- Suguru Koshigaya will also appear in the second season
The first promotional video was also revealed introducing the main characters of the anime and revealing that the anime airs this July.
The main staff of the first season of the anime will be returning in the anime’s second season. The main staff includes:
- Director: Shinya Kawamo (Kokoro Connect, Ginyuu Mokushiroku Meine Liebe wieder)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman., K-ON!)
- Scriptwriters: Fumihiko Shimo (Fairy Tail, Amagi Brilliant Park) and Yuka Yamada (Mushishi, Ao Haru Ride)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Mai Otsuka (OreShura, Shakugan no Shana)
- Chief Animation Director: Yuki Imoto (Shakugan no Shana, Little Busters!)
- Color Designer: Miyuki Kibata (Kokoro Connect, Watamote)
- Art Director: Anna Ooizumi (Btooom!, Baby Princess 3D Paradise 0 [Love])
- Music Composer: Hiromi Mizutani (Toriko, Hyakko)
- Animation Production: Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
The magazine also reveals that the Japanese rock band nano.RIPE will be returning to produced the Opening theme for Non Non Biyori Repeat. The band previously performed the Opening theme for the anime’s first season.
Non Non Biyori is a comedy slice of life manga written and illustrated by Atto. The manga began in 2009 published in Media Factory’s Monthly Comic Alive magazine. To date there a total of 7 volumes have been produced, with the 8th volume scheduled to release on March 23rd next year. An anime adaptation of the series was made in October 2013. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in 2003 by Silver Link (Strike the Blood, Kokoro Connect) with Shinya Kawatsura (Kokoro Connect, .hack//Gift) directing. To date the manga has sold over 1 million copies in Japan.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
Elementary school student Hotaru Ichijou has moved with her parents from Tokyo to the middle of the country. Now she must adapt to her new school, where there are a total of 5 students in the same class who range through elementary and middle school ages. Join their everyday adventures in the countryside.
The second season of Non Non Biyori, Non Non Biyori Repeat, will be airing in Japan this July during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed at the pre-screening event of the first episode on June 14.
“Non Non Biyori Repeat”, “Non Non Biyori”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Atto, Media Factory, Silver Link, Kadokawa Shoten and the Asahigaoka Branch School Management Association