In the most recent issue of Gigazine and Animate TV’s Winter 2014/2015 Anime Guide has revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga. The anime itself will be airing this April.
The main cast of the anime were earlier revealed and includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) will voice Erina Nakiri
- Minami Takahashi (Mew from Pri Para) as Megumi Tadokoro
- Shizuka Ishigami (Namu Mayu from Kenzen Robo Daimidaler) as Ikumi Mito
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka in Aldnoah.Zero) will voice the role of Takumi Aldini
- Yuuki Ono (Taiga Kagami from Kuroko’s Basketball) will join the cast as Isami Aldini
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) is going to voice Satoshi Isshiki
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice Hisako Arato
The first staff members of the production crew that will be producing the anime have also been revealed and are as follows:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Here is the first promotional video for the anime that was earlier released:
And the second promotional video of the anime that was also previously revealed:
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 9 compiled volumes released, with the 10th volume releasing in Japan on November 4th. A light novel adaptation of the manga began in February this year in Shueisha’s Jump j-Books, written by Michiko Itou and illustrated by Saeki himself. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
The Shokugeki no Souma anime will be airing this April during the Spring 2015 anime season. Additional information about the anime will be revealed soon.
“Shokugeki no Souma”, “Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee