The official website of the anime adaptation of Saki Hasemi and Kentaro Yabuki’s To Love-Ru manga has revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming second season of the To LOVE-Ru Darkness anime, To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd. Additionally, the site has also revealed a brand new promotional video before the anime’s premiere on July 6th.
The first promotional video has been released for the anime, which focuses on Momo:
The first episode of To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd will air on Monday, July 6 at 24:30 (effectively Tuesday, July 7th at 12:30am JST) on Tokyo MX. The anime will air every week on Tuesday this Summer season. The anime will also air on BS11, Sun TV and on AT-X.
It was earlier revealed that the main cast from the previous seasons will be returning for To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd. They include:
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) will return as Momo Belia Deviluke
- Misato Fukuen (Yoshika Miyafuji in Strike Witches) voices Konjiki no Yami
- Akeno Watanabe (Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist) returns to voice Rito Yuuki
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Mea Kurosaki
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) is voicing Lala Satalin Deviluke
- Sayuri Yahagi (Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo) will voice Haruna Sairenji
- Kanae Itou (Ruiko Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun) reprises her role as Nana Astar Deviluke
- Kana Hanazawa (Kosaki Onodera from Nisekoi) as Mikan Yuuki
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) voices Yui Kotegawa
- Ryoka Yuzuki (Satsuki Kiryuuin in Kill la Kill) is voicing Celine and Risa Momioka
The June issue of Megami magazine has revealed a brand new visual that features Momo.Click on the image for the full resolution:
To LOVE-Ru is an ongoing comedy, ecchi romance manga written by Saki Hasemi and illustrated by Kentaro Yabuki. The original series ran from April 2006 and ended in August 2009 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump for a total of 18 volumes. A sequel manga titled To LOVE-Ru Darkness began in the same magazine in 2010 and has a total of 10 volumes to date. An anime adaptation of the first manga was produced in 2008 by Xebec (Pandora Hearts, Break Blade) and directed by Takao Kato (Pandora Hearts, Upotte!!). A sequel anime was followed by in 2010 adapting the remainder of the manga, and the first anime adaptation of To LOVE-Ru Darkness was produced in 2012. The series also received many OVA and video game adaptations.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The story is about Rito Yuuki, a high-school boy who cannot confess to the girl of his dreams, Haruna Sairenji. One day when coming home and sulking in the bath-tub a mysterious, nude girl, appears out of nowhere. Her name is Lala and she comes from the planet Deviluke, where she is the heir to the throne. Her father wants her to return to her home planet so she can marry one of the husband candidates, but she decides that she wants to marry Rito in order to stay on Earth.
To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd will be airing from July 7th on Tokyo MX at 12:30am JST, during the Summer 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the next few weeks.
“To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd”, “To LOVE-Ru Darkness”, “To LOVE-Ru”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Saki Hasemi, Kentaro Yabuki, Shueisha, Xebec and To LOVE-Ru Darkness Production Committee