The official website of the anime adaptation of Tesuto Uesu and Nekosuke Ookuma’s Shinmai Maou no Testament (The Testament of Sister New Devil) light novel series has revealed a brand new visual and the first promotional video for the anime’s second season, Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST, due to air this October.
Here is the first promotional video for the upcoming anime:
The main cast of the anime’s first season will return in the second season:
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will voice lead character Basara Toujou
- Ayaka Asai (First major role) is voicing lead heroine Mio Naruse
- Kaori Fukuhara (Tsukasa Hiiragi from Lucky☆Star) as Maria Naruse
- Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Asuka Kudou in Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?) voicing the role of Yuki Nonaka
- Keiji Fujiwara (Tatsuya Kimura from Hajime no Ippo) voicing as Jin Toujou
- Yuu Asakawa (Rider from Fate/stay night) will be voicing Chisato Hasegawa
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata in Gintama) voices Yahiro Takigawa
- Iori Nomizu (Haruna in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) as Kurumi Nonaka
- Seiko Yoshida (Belphegor from Umineko no Naku Koro ni) playing as Zest
Here is the announcement PV of the second season:
The first season’s staff consists of:
- Director: Hisashi Saito (Sora no Otoshimono, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
- Script Writer: Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, Elfen Lied)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Yoshihiro Watanabe (Sora no Otoshimono, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
- Chief Animation Director: Hong Shen (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.)
- Art Director: Ryouka Kinoshita (Tokyo ESP, Working’!!)
- Sound Director: Tsuyoshi Takahashi (Sora no Otoshimono, Zero no Tsukaima)
- Music Composer: Yasuharu Takanashi (Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuuden)
- Animation Studio: Production IMS (Date A Live II, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.)
Shinmai Maou no Testament (The Testament of Sister New Devil) is a fantasy ecchi light novel series written by Tesuto Uesu and illustrated by Nekosuke Ookuma. The series began publication in September 2012 in Kadokawa Shoten’s Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko imprint. To date a total of 6 volumes have been released, the latest on August 30th. The series received a manga adaptation and a manga spin-off series, drawn by Kashiwa Miyako in Kadokawa Shoten’s Shonen Ace magazine and drawn by Fumihiro Kiso in Hakusensha’s Young Animal Arashi magazine, respectively. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in January this year, being directed by Hisashi Saito (Sora no Otoshimono, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) and produced by Production IMS (Date A Live II, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.).
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
“Hey, you said you wanted a little sister, right?” First year highschool student, Toujo Basara, was suddenly asked by his father and fell into a state of panic. On top of that, the eccentric father told him he will be getting remarried.
He then departed overseas after bringing Basara two beautiful step-sisters. But Mio and Maria’s true forms are actually the newbie Demon Lord and a succubus!? Basara was almost entered into a master and servant contract with Mio, but a “reversed” contract was formed by mistake, and Basara is now the master!? Moreover, Basara is being hit by one ecchi situation after another due to the contract, but Mio’s life is being pursued by other demon tribes and hero tribes! The most powerful contractor’s desire action drama begins!
The second season of the Shinmai Maou no Testament anime, titled Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST, will air this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information about the anime will soon follow.
Visit the anime’s official website: http://anime-shinmaimaou.com/
And follow their Twitter: @shinmaimaou
“Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST”, “Shinmai Maou no Testament”, “The Testament of Sister New Devil”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Tesuto Uesu, Nekosuke Ookuma, Kadokawa, Production IMS and the Shinmai Maou no Testament Production Committee