The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga has been updated with new information regarding J.C. Staff’s April anime. A brand new visual has been revealed, alongside the new additional cast members, performers of the series’ main theme songs and the first commercial. Additionally, a new magazine visual was featured in the the latest issue of Animage.
The anime’s official website has revealed additional members of the anime’s cast. Joining the previously revealed main cast, they include:
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) is joining the cast to voice Yuuki Yoshino
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) is voicing Ryouko Sakaki
- Taishi Murata (Eiichirou Maruo in Baby Steps) as Shun Ibusaki
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Kazuki Kurebayashi in Selector Infected WIXOSS) will play as Zenji Marui
And the main cast includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) will voice Erina Nakiri
- Minami Takahashi (Mew from Pri Para) as Megumi Tadokoro
- Shizuka Ishigami (Namu Mayu from Kenzen Robo Daimidaler) as Ikumi Mito
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka in Aldnoah.Zero) will voice the role of Takumi Aldini
- Yuuki Ono (Taiga Kagami from Kuroko’s Basketball) will join the cast as Isami Aldini
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) is going to voice Satoshi Isshiki
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice Hisako Arato
The performers of the main theme songs of the Shokugeki no Souma anime were also revealed. Singing the anime’s Opening theme will be the Japanese rock band Ultratower, and the Ending theme will be performed by rock band Tokyo Karan Koron.
The main members of the production crew were also earlier revealed and are as follows:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
The first commercial for the anime was also released:
The March issue of Animage had a new feature article on the upcoming anime, which also doubles as a new visual.Click on the image for the full resolution
Here is the first promotional video for the anime::
And the second promotional video:
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 10 compiled volumes released, with the 11th volume releasing in Japan on March 4th. A light novel adaptation of the manga began in February this year in Shueisha’s Jump j-Books, written by Michiko Itou and illustrated by Saeki himself. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
The Shokugeki no Souma anime will be airing this April during the Spring 2015 anime season. Additional information about the anime will be revealed soon.
Source Article – Anime News Network
Source Image – Yanda.re
“Shokugeki no Souma”, “Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee