Various Japanese TV networks have been listing next week’s episode of ufotable’s anime adaptation of God Eater as the final episode that will be broadcasted. It will be the 9th episode in the series with no indication of whether the anime will continue to be shown on TV.
Tokyo MX are listing the upcoming 9th episode of God Eater as the final episode that will be broadcasted on TV. This comes after the various delays that the anime incurred throughout the season where Extra episodes were shown in place. This sums up to a total of 9 full episodes and 4 extra episodes, the latest airing last week, being shown rather than 13 full episodes.
The anime’s official website has not yet commented on the issue. Additionally, it is unknown if the non televised broadcasts will be unaffected. The Comet Lucifer anime will start airing in God Eater’s timeslot starting from October 4th.
The main cast of the anime consists of return characters from the games and an original character:
- Ryuuichi Kijima (Argyllo in Beast Saga) will lead as original character Renka Utsugi
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Alisa Ilinichina Amiella
- Hiroaki Hirata (Sanji from One Piece) returns to voice Lindow Amamiya
- Kazuya Nakai (Roronoa Zoro from One Piece) will voice Soma Schicksal
- Daisuke Sakaguchi (Shinpachi Shimura in Gintama) is back as Kota Fujiki
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) will be voicing Sakuya Tachibana
The main staff includes:
- Director and Sound Director: Takayuki Hirao (Kara no Kyoukai 5, Gyo)
- Anime Character Designer: Keita Shimizu (Fate/Zero and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masaru Yanaka (Captain Earth, Fate/Zero Background Art)
- Director of Photography: Seiji Matsuda (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai)
- CGI Director: Masato Takizawa (Fate/Zero, Doraemon: Nobita no Uchuu kaitakushi)
- Music Composer: Go Shiina (God Eater and Tales of. Games)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
The duo OLDCODEX performs the Opening theme song Feed A and the Ending theme is Kouhai Chi by Go Shiina feat. naomi .
Here is the anime’s main promotional video:
30 second commercial:
15 second commercial:
God Eater is an Action Role Playing, Hack n Slash game developed by Shift and published by Bandai Namco Games. The games are set in a dystopian future Japan, where large monsters called Aragami have destroyed most of mankind. In the games you play as a God Eater, a small group of soldiers whose sole purpose is to defeat the Aragami using weapons made from the Aragami’s cells. A total of 3 games have been released since its start in 2010. The first game in the series released in Japan in February 2010 for the PlayStation Portable with an updated release titled Gods Eater Burst later in the year, where it also released internationally. A direct sequel to the game was published last year in Japan on the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita. The game has been announced to be localised, but no date has been given yet.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in Japan in the year 2071 where the world has been mostly destroyed by mysterious monsters known as the Aragami. An organization known as Fenrir was made to exterminate Aragami using weapons called God Arcs which is made from the cells of an Aragami. Those who specialize in exterminating Aragami are known as God Eaters. Originally God Eaters had one type in which their God Arcs can only keep gun form or blade form, however a new type has been discovered that can switch between gun and blade form. Since then, they have been classified new-types and the previous as old-types.
The 9th episode of the God Eater anime will air on Sunday, September 27 at 10:30pm JST on Tokyo MX. The online simulcast of the anime may continue despite the TV broadcast ending next week.
Source Article – Tokyo MX Website
Source Article – Yaraon
“God Eater”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Bandai Namco Games, ufotable and Shift