In the latest issue of Anime Style, Shirobako director Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another) was interviewed in the issue, which revolved around the series. Mizushima has stated that there are no plans for a continuation for the series at the moment, as he is swamped with other anime.
In in the interview, the direct question was asked if there was a second season or even a movie for Shirobako. Mizushima flat out denied both cases, although he claims that there is already enough material to produce a second season. Mizushima has a very busy schedule directing and producing various other anime, to the extent that it won’t be for several years until he can plan more Shirobako material. Until then, there are absolutely no plans at the moment, not even an OVA.
The main cast of the Shirobako anime includes:
- Juri Kimura (First major role) will voice Aoi Miyamori, the production manager of Musashino Animation
- Haruka Yoshimura (Kouko Kaminaga in Akuma no Riddle) voices Emma Yasuhara, the lead animator at Musashino Animation
- Asami Takano (First major role) voicing Misa Todou, the 3D CGI director at the studio
- Hitomi Ohwada (First major role) as Midori Imai, Musashino Animation’s lead writer
- Haruka Chisuga (Tsugumi Harudori in Soul Eater Not!) as Shizuka Sakaki, a voice actress working with Musashino Animation
The production staff of Shirobako consisted of:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, RDG: Red Data Girl)
- Original Character Designer: Ponkan 8 (Original Artist of Oregairu)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kanami Sekiguchi (Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
Shirobako is an original series about creating anime. Specifically, it features a small group of cute girls aiming to tackle on one of Japan’s largest industries. The 5 girls work at Musashino Animation and each have a different and important role in the production of anime. The anime is a collaboration between P.A. Works with Girls und Panzer and Another director Tsutomu Mizushima. The anime began in October last year during the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season and is a 2 cour series ending in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season after a total of 24 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Five girls chase their dreams. The story revolves around the everyday troubles and hardships that occur when working in the anime industry, and the results and conflicts that happen day-to-day among the group of girls.
There are currently no plans for a continuation for Shirobako, as director Tsutomu Mizushima has a full schedule in the upcoming years. Though, there is material for a possible second season.
Source Article and Images – Yaraon
Source Article – Reddit Anime
“Shirobako”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 P.A. Works, Tsutomu Mizushima, Ponkan 8 and Shirobako Production Committee