The latest issue of Media Factory’s Monthly Comic Alive magazine has revealed that main staff of the Non Non Biyori Repeat anime, the second season anime Atto’s Non Non Biyori manga. The issue also reveals that the band that performed the first season’s Opening will also return.
The main staff of the first season of the anime will be returning in the anime’s second season. The main staff includes:
- Director: Shinya Kawamo (Kokoro Connect, Ginyuu Mokushiroku Meine Liebe wieder)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman., K-ON!)
- Scriptwriters: Fumihiko Shimo (Fairy Tail, Amagi Brilliant Park) and Yuka Yamada (Mushishi, Ao Haru Ride)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Mai Otsuka (OreShura, Shakugan no Shana)
- Chief Animation Director: Yuki Imoto (Shakugan no Shana, Little Busters!)
- Color Designer: Miyuki Kibata (Kokoro Connect, Watamote)
- Art Director: Anna Ooizumi (Btooom!, Baby Princess 3D Paradise 0 [Love])
- Music Composer: Hiromi Mizutani (Toriko, Hyakko)
- Animation Production: Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
The magazine also reveals that the Japanese rock band nano.RIPE will be returning to produced the Opening theme for Non Non Biyori Repeat. The band previously performed the Opening theme for the anime’s first season.
The manga has reached a new milestone selling over one million copies. A special community poll is currently being held to find the most popular character. The poll is now open and will end on February 28 next year, where the results will be published in the June issue of Monthly Comic Alive, releasing on April 27. To vote, visit this link: http://mfe.jp/cht/
There will also be an event in 2015 where a special screening of the first episode of the anime’s second season will also be held. And a photo contest, similar to the one for the first season, will also be held. Additional information about the event will be revealed in upcoming issues of Monthly Comic Alive.
Non Non Biyori is a comedy slice of life manga written and illustrated by Atto. The manga began in 2009 published in Media Factory’s Monthly Comic Alive magazine. To date there a total of 7 volumes have been produced, with the 8th volume scheduled to release on March 23rd next year. An anime adaptation of the series was made in October 2013. An anime adaptation of the series was produced in 2003 by Silver Link (Strike the Blood, Kokoro Connect) with Shinya Kawatsura (Kokoro Connect, .hack//Gift) directing. To date the manga has sold over 1 million copies in Japan.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
Elementary school student Hotaru Ichijou has moved with her parents from Tokyo to the middle of the country. Now she must adapt to her new school, where there are a total of 5 students in the same class who range through elementary and middle school ages. Join their everyday adventures in the countryside.
Non Non Biyori Repeat will be airing later this year, its date so far is TBA. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the upcoming months in Monthly Comic Alive.
“Non Non Biyori Repeat”, “Non Non Biyori”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Atto, Media Factory, Silver Link, Kadokawa Shoten and the Asahigaoka Branch School Management Association