The Prison School anime will be airing the first episode on Tokyo MX on July 11th at 1:05am JST. The anime will then air on the 12th at 12:30am JST on KBS Kyoto followed by an airing on TV Aichi at 2:20 am JST. It will then air on BS11 at midnight on the 13th, on Sun TV an hour later at 1:00am JST, and finally at 3:30am JST on AT-X. The anime will also be streaming online on various platforms, including Niconico, J:COM, Bandai, Amazon and PlayStation Video.
The first members of the anime’s main cast and their respective character designs has been revealed. The main cast consists of:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Levi from Attack on Titan) leads the cast as Kiyoshi Fujino
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Luxus Dreher in Fairy Tail) will voice Takehito Morokuzu
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) as Shingo Wakamoto
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) voices Jouji Nezu
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will be voicing Reiji Andou
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) is voicing Mari Kurihara
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) voices the role of Meiko Shiraki
- Kana Hanazawa (Kosaki Onodera in Nisekoi) as Hana Midorikawa
A brand new promotional video for the Prison School anime was previously revealed, which announces the main cast and staff of the upcoming series:
The main production staff of the anime is as follows:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Shirobako, Girls und Panzer)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Shirobako, xxxHolic)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Junichiro Taniguchi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movies, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Toradora! )
The main theme songs of the Prison School anime were also revealed. The Opening song will be Ai no Prison and the Ending theme will be Tsumibukaki Oretachi no Sanka, both of which will be sung by the main cast.
Here is the first PV of the anime:
Prison School (Kangoku Gakuen) is a comedy, ecchi romance manga written and illustrated by Akira Hiramoto, who has work on various other successful series including Ago Nashi Gen to Ore Monogatari and Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari. The series began in early 2011 being published in Kodansha’s Young Magazine. To date the series has a total of 16 compiled volumes, with the latest releasing on March 6 this year, and has over 3.5 million volumes in circulation in Japan. The series has also won the Best General Manga award at the 2014 Kodansha’s 37th Annual Manga Awards last May. An anime adaptation of the series was announced earlier this year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Hachimitsu Academy, known for its strict academic standards and even stricter school code, is making a giant change this year. In the first time in school history, they are allowing boys to be admitted. As Fujino Kiyoshi starts his first day at Hachimitsu Academy he is shocked to find out that there are only 4 other guys in the entire school, making the ratio of girls to boys 200:1. And to their dismay, not one of the thousand girls will talk to them or even acknowledge them. But Kiyoshi and the guys are about to find out about the shadow student council that has been threatening the female students about interacting with male students.
The Prison School anime will be airing from July 11th at 1:05am JST on Tokyo MX during the Summer 2015 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed soon.
“Kangoku Gakuen”, “Prison School”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Akira Hiramoto and Kodansha