A brand new commercial has been released for the upcoming anime adaptation of Akira Hiramoto’s Prison School (Kangoku Gakuen) manga, just a few days before its debut. The new commercial focuses on Hana Midorikawa, the secretary of the school’s Student Council. The CMs also preview the Opening theme of the anime: Ai no Prison sung by the cast. Tsutomu Mizushima (Shirobako, Girls und Panzer) will be directing the anime with studio J.C. Staff (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Toradora! ) animating.
The Prison School anime will be airing on Saturday, July 11th at 1:05am JST on Tokyo MX during the Summer 2015 anime season.
Two other commercials were previously revealed, featuring the other members of the Student Council:
Student Council Vice Principal Meiko CM:
Student Council Principal Mari CM:
The main cast of the Prison School anime consists of:
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Levi from Attack on Titan) leads the cast as Kiyoshi Fujino
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Luxus Dreher in Fairy Tail) will voice Takehito Morokuzu
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) as Shingo Wakamoto
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) voices Jouji Nezu
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will be voicing Reiji Andou
- Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail) is voicing Mari Kurihara
- Shizuka Itou (Akeno Himejima from High School DxD) voices the role of Meiko Shiraki
- Kana Hanazawa (Kosaki Onodera in Nisekoi) as Hana Midorikawa
Here is the latest promotional video:
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Hachimitsu Academy, known for its strict academic standards and even stricter school code, is making a giant change this year. In the first time in school history, they are allowing boys to be admitted. As Fujino Kiyoshi starts his first day at Hachimitsu Academy he is shocked to find out that there are only 4 other guys in the entire school, making the ratio of girls to boys 200:1. And to their dismay, not one of the thousand girls will talk to them or even acknowledge them. But Kiyoshi and the guys are about to find out about the shadow student council that has been threatening the female students about interacting with male students.