The first trailer has been released for the upcoming live-action drama adaptation of Akira Hiramoto’s Prison School (Kangoku Gakuen) manga. This trailer gives us a brief glimpse into Hachimitsu Academy and the main characters in the drama. The TV drama will be directed by Noboru Iguchi (The Machine Girl, Mutant Girls Squad) and the series will air during the late night broadcast block. As Iguchi was made known about the announcement, he was in disbelief and laughing at the idea. But he did not want to miss the opportunity to miss out adapting the manga.
The drama’s website has revealed that the TV series will begin on MBS on Monday, October 26 at 12:50am JST. The drama will then air on TBS on the 28th at 1:11am JST.
The main cast of the live action drama has been revealed in costume and includes:
- Taishi Nakagawa (Susumu Minami from Minami kun no Koibito: My Little Lover) will play Kiyoshi Fujino
- Tokio Emoto (Shyogo Yokota in The Wings of the Kirin) as Takehito Morokuzu
- The actor of Jouji Nezu will be revealed soon
- Garigarigarikuson (Japanese Comedian) as Reiji Ando
- Masato Yano (Suguru Teshigawara in GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka Live Action Drama) will act Shingo Wakamoto
- Hirona Yamazaki (Ichika Akimoto in Kamisama no Iutoori) plays Mari Kurihara
- Aoi Morikawa (Tomoko Nagano from The World of Kanako) as Hana Midorikawa
- Asana Mamoru (Maki in Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead) acting as Meiko Shiraki
- Rena Takeda (Lil from Attack on Titan Live Action) playing as Chiyo Kurihara
- Yuko Araki (Yuka in Dragon Seinendan) as Anzu Yokoyama
- Masahiro Takashima (Kazuma Aoki from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II) will play The Chairman
Here is the main visual of the drama:
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Hachimitsu Academy, known for its strict academic standards and even stricter school code, is making a giant change this year. In the first time in school history, they are allowing boys to be admitted. As Fujino Kiyoshi starts his first day at Hachimitsu Academy he is shocked to find out that there are only 4 other guys in the entire school, making the ratio of girls to boys 200:1. And to their dismay, not one of the thousand girls will talk to them or even acknowledge them. But Kiyoshi and the guys are about to find out about the shadow student council that has been threatening the female students about interacting with male students.