Japanese visual novel and light novel producer Nitro+ have announced plans to produce and publish a new novel titled Rakuen Tsuihou: Rakuen Zangyou -Godspeed You-. The novel will be a sequel to Gen Urobuchi’s 2014 film Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled from Paradise.
The novel will be released in Japan on September 11th this year with pre-orders opening from the 10th this month. Advance copies of the novel will go on sale at Comiket 88, which runs during August 14 till the 16th. A special edition release of the novel will be available for purchase, which will contain two mini clear files with a special illustration, selling for ¥1,620 (~ $13.30 USD).
Additionally, Nitro+ have also recently released a dakimakura cover of protagonist Angela Balzac. The size of the cover is 160cmx50cm and costs ¥12,960 (~ $106.20 USD), with the next wave of reservations opening from the 10th as well.
Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise is a brand new original anime film written by Gen Urobuchi and his team at Ntiro+. The film itself is set in a post-apocalyptic future where people are living in a matrix like virtual world in a space station. The film focuses on Angela Balzac, a young girl who is tasked to find the hacker who breached into the system who is currently hiding in Earth. Angela is transferred into a material body with a giant mech and meets up with Zarik Kajiwara, an agent. On their adventure to find the hacker they traverse the barren Earth with Angela discovering life outside of the utopian system.
The film itself stars:
- Rie Kugimiya (Iori Minase from The [email protected]) as Angela Balzac
- Shinichiro Miki (Takumi Fujiwara in Initial D) voicing Zarik Kajiwara
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Levi in Attack on Titan) playing as Frontier Setter
The film itself boasts a very strong production crew that consists of:
- Director and Storyboarder: Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
- Screenplay Writer: Gen Urobuchi (Aldnoah.Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Storyboarders: Tomoki Kyoda (Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka Seven AO)
- Anime Character Designer and Mech Designer: Masatsugu Saitou (Captain Earth)
- Mechanical Designers: Junya Ishigaki (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Macross Frontier), Makoto Ishiwata (Robotics;Notes, Kakumeiki Valvrave), Takayuki Yanase (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Kakumeiki Valvrave)
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima (Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- Music Composer: NARASAKI (Deadman Wonderland, Un-Go)
- Animation Studio: Graphinica (Hellsing Ultimate OVA 8-10, The [email protected]ER CGI)
Here is the English subtitled trailer for the film:
Here is a synopsis of the film from AniDB:
Expelled From Paradise follows Angela, a girl in her twenties, who was raised in a Matrix-like computer system on a space station orbiting a post-apocalyptic Earth. But after a hacker from the devastated planet below breaks into the system, she is tasked with finding and stopping the hacker in the real world. To do this, she is transferred into a clone body, given a mech, and told to meet up with Dingo, an agent living on Earth.
Thus begins her fish-out-of-water tale as she not only finds herself in a strange land she knows nothing about but also has to deal with a life trapped in a body that, unlike her digital one, requires food and rest. Together, Dingo and Angela travel across the frontier-like ruined Earth, trying to solve the mystery of the hacker’s identity and his true goals.
The sequel novel of Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled from Paradise, Rakuen Tsuihou: Rakuen Zangyou -Godspeed You-, will be released in Japan on September 11th this year.
Source Article and Images – Rakuen Tsuihou: Rakuen Zangyou -Godspeed You- Store Page
Source Image – Nitro+ Store
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Rakuen Tsuihou: Rakuen Zangyou -Godspeed You-“, “Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled from Paradise”, “Expelled from Paradise”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Gen Urobuchi, Graphinica, Toei Animation and Rakuen Tsuihou Production Committee