The most recent issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump has revealed the first details about the Blu-ray releases of the current anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga. The issue has revealed that the anime itself will be 24 episodes long.
The issue has revealed that the anime will have 8 Blu-ray volumes being produced with each volume containing 3 episodes each, detailing that the anime will air for a total of 24 episodes. The anime will be a 2 cour series, airing throughout the current Spring 2015 anime season and continue into the Summer 2015 anime season.
Additionally, the most recent issue of MEgami magazine has revealed a brand new visual for the series:
The previous issue of Animage also revealed a visual:
The main cast of the Shokugeki no Souma anime includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) will voice Erina Nakiri
- Minami Takahashi (Mew from Pri Para) as Megumi Tadokoro
- Shizuka Ishigami (Namu Mayu from Kenzen Robo Daimidaler) as Ikumi Mito
The main members of the anime’s production crew are as follows:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Here is the first promotional video for the anime::
And the second promotional video:
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 10 compiled volumes released, with the 11th volume releasing in Japan on March 4th. A light novel adaptation of the manga began in February this year in Shueisha’s Jump j-Books, written by Michiko Itou and illustrated by Saeki himself. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
The Shokugeki no Souma anime is a 2 cour series airing for a total of 24 episodes, running though the current Spring 2015 anime season and the Summer 2015 anime season. The anime is currently airing every Saturday at 2:25am JST on TBS.
Source Image – Yande.re
“Shokugeki no Souma”, “Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee