The official website of the anime adaptation of Reki Kawahara’s Sword Art Online light novel series has revealed that there will be a live musical concert based on the anime being held at the Pacifico Yokohama convention centre in Yokohama, Japan. The live concert itself is titled Sword Art Online: Sing All Overtures and will feature the main cast of the anime and the singers of the anime’s theme songs, as well as various exclusive goodies for purchase. Additionally, the official website of the event has revealed a new visual.Click on the image for the full resolution
Sword Art Online: Sing All Overtures will be held on February 1st, this upcoming Sunday, at the Pacifico Yokohama. The event itself will open from 5pm JST and begins at 6pm JST lasting for 2 1/2 hours till 8:30pm JST. It will be a concert featuring the main cast of the anime:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Sora in No Game No Life), who voices Kazuto “Kirito” Kirigaya
- Haruka Tomatsu (Haruka Takayama in Sakura Trick) , who voiced Asuna Yuuki
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Celty Sturluson from Durarara!!), who voiced Shino Asada
- Ayana Taketatsu (Azusa Nanako in K-ON!), who voiced Suguha Kirigaya
- Kanae Itou (Ruiko Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun), who voices Yui
- Ayahi Takagaki (Mikako Satsukitane in Sora no Otoshimono), who voices Rika “Lisbeth” Shinozaki
- Rina Hidaka (Anko Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market), who voiced Keiko “Silica” Ayano
- Saori Hayami (Miyuki Shiba in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei), who voiced Sachi
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica), who voices Yuuki Konno
In addition to the anime’s main cast the singers of the anime’s theme songs will also be present that the event:
- LiSA – who performed the first OP of the anime’s first season, crossing field, and the two ending themes for the second season, Shirushi and No More Time Machine
- Eir Aoi – who performed the second OP of the anime’s first season, INNOCENCE, the ED of the Extra Edition, Niji no Oto, and the first OP of the anime’s second season, IGNITE
- Luna Haruna – who sung the second ED of the anime’s first season, Overfly, and the ED of the anime’s second season, Startear
- Yuki Kajiura – the music composer of both anime seasons
The main cast and the song artist will both be singing various songs at the event and playing music from the Sword Art Online anime, in addition to other performances. Sing All Overtures will also have various stores selling unique products exclusive to the event, all with tax included. Some of the products include:
- A brochure of the event with various information of the cast and singers, images and interviews. It will be selling for ¥2,000 (~ $16.95 USD)
- A penlight modelled after the photon sword that Kirito wields in Gun Gale Online. There will be 16 colours available. It will cost ¥2,500 (~ $21.15 USD)
- A black T-shirt of the Sing All Overtures event in either Medium or Large size. It will sell for ¥3,000 (~ $25.40 USD)
- A white T-shirt of the Sing All Overtures event with chibi illustrations of the main characters in either Medium or Large size. It will sell for ¥3,000 (~ $25.40 USD)
- A black Sword Art Online hoodie with the general SAO HUD elements. The hoodie will sell for ¥5,000 (~ $42.33 USD)
- A towel muffler/scarf with the chibi illustrations of the main characters with the event’s title with Kirito saying “Link START!”. It is selling for ¥1,500 (~ $12.70 USD)
- A knitted tapestry featuring the main visual of the Calibur arc from Sword Art Online II. It will cost ¥3,000 (~ $25.40 USD)
- A B2 horizontal tapestry of the main visual of Sing All Overtures. Also selling for ¥3,000 (~ $25.40 USD)
- A bundle containing a clear file of the event’s main visual and a set of stickers. It will cost ¥1,000 (~ $8.50 USD)
- A set of 9 acrylic charms based on the chibi versions of the main characters. It will sell for ¥500 (~ $4.25 USD)
- A high quality print of the main visual on a special graph material in a quality frame. It will sell for ¥13,000 (~ $110.05 USD)
- A metal replica of the Elucidator sword that Kirito wields from the anime. It will be selling for ¥2,000 (~ $16.95 USD)
- A metal replica of Kirito’s Dark Repulser sword the anime. It will be selling for ¥2,000 (~ $16.95 USD)
- A small metal badge. There will be various badges and will sell for ¥600 (~ $5.10 USD) each
- The artbook of all illustrations, artwork, and concepts for the first season of the Sword Art Online anime. It will sell for ¥3,000 (~ $25.40 USD)
In addition to the exclusive goodies, Aniplex will also be present taking pre-orders for two new 1/6 scale figures from Sword Art Online: Extra Edition.
- The first is a figure of Asuna Yuuki in her swimsuit attire from the special. The figure itself will officially be released this July with pre-orders opening from the 27th till the 1st of March, and will cost ￥8,500 (~ $67.78 USD).
The second figure is of Suguha Kirigaya in her swimsuit attire from Sword Art Online: Extra Edition. The figure itself will officially be released this June with pre-orders opening from the 27th till the 1st of March, and will cost ￥8,500 (~ $67.78 USD).
Sword Art Online is a light novel series written by Reki Kawahara, who also is the author of Accel World. The light novel series began in 2009 being published in ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Bunko. To date a total of 15 volumes have been compiled in the series, released in Japan on August 9th 2014. . Since then it sold millions of copies, topping the charts in 2012. Additionally in 2012, an anime adaptation was released. The Sword Art Online anime aired in July and was produced by A-1 Pictures, which received a large reception. Since then, the series has appeared on a plethora of media with handheld and browser video games, international merchandise, and the many spin-off manga of the light novel’s arcs. The latest manga volume, Sword Art Online: Caliber, began serialization in the September issue of Dengeki G’s Comic magazine. In addition, Kawahara has relaunched the series as Sword Art Online: Progressive, a re-release of the light novels with additional content. A new light novel adaptation titled Sword Art Online: Alternative will begin publication on December 10th.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
1 year after the SAO incident, Kirito is approached by Seijiro Kikuoka from Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Department “VR Division” with a rather peculiar request.
That was an investigation on the “Death Gun” incident that occurred in the gun and steel filled VRMMO called Gun Gale Online (GGO). “Players who are shot by a mysterious avatar with a jet black gun lose their lives even in the real world…” Failing to turn down Kikuoka’s bizarre request, Kirito logs in to GGO even though he is not completely convinced that the virtual world could physically affect the real world.
Kirito wanders in an unfamiliar world in order to gain any clues about the “Death Gun.” Then, a female sniper named Sinon who owns a gigantic “Hecate II” rifle extends Kirito a helping hand. With Sinon’s help, Kirito decides to enter the “Bullet of Bullets,” a large tournament to choose the most powerful gunner within the realm of GGO, in hopes to become the target of the “Death Gun” and make direct contact with the mysterious avatar.
Sword Art Online: Sing All Overtures will be held on Sunday the 1st of February at the Pacifico Yokohama convention centre from 6pm JST till 8:30pm JST. Tickets for the event are unfortunately all sold out.
“Sword Art Online”, “Sword Art Online: Sing All Overtures, “Sword Art Online II″, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2014 Reki Kawahara, A-1 Pictures, ASCII Media Works and the SAO Project