The latest issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine has revealed that the second season of the anime adaptation of Yu Sasuga and Kenichi Tachibana’s Terra Formars manga will air from April 2016 under the title Terra Formars: Revenge. Additionally, the issue has also revealed that there will be new staff producing the second season.
The second season of the anime will have new staff members replacing the staff of the first season and OVAs. The new staff will have:
- Director: Michio Fukuda (Hyakko, Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou)
- Series Composer: Naruhisa Arakawa (Kingdom, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha)
- Anime Character Designer: Cagetzu Aizawa (Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis, Date A Live II Chief Animation Director) and Atsushi Ikariya (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Hataraku Maou-sama!)
- Animation Studios: Liden Films (Miss Monochrome, Terra Formars) and TYO Animations
By comparison, here is the staff of the first season:
- Director: Hiroshi Hamasaki (Steins;Gate, Blade & Soul)
- Series Composer: Shougo Yasukawa (Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?)
- Anime Character Designers: Masanori Shino (Black Lagoon) and Satoshi Kimura (Buddy Complex)
- Animation Studio: Liden Films (Miss Monochrome, Senyuu)
The issue has also revealed that the cast for the Terra Formars TV anime, which aired last October, will return:
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) will voice Akari Hizamaru
- Hidenobu Kiuchi (Hei in Darker Than Black) who will return to voice Shokichi Komachi
- Shizuka Itou (Luviagelita Edelfelt in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) voicing Michelle Davis
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) will be voicing Marcos Garcia
- KENN (Akihito Kanbara in Kyoukai no Kanata) who will voice Alex Stewart
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) as Sheila Levitt
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler) voicing as Keiji Onizuka
- Chiaki Takahashi (Azusa Miura in The i[email protected]) who voices Kanako Sanjou
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) will voice Yaeko Yanasegawa
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing Ichirou Hiruma
Terra Formars is an original manga written by Yu Sasuga and illustrated by Kenichi Tachibana. The series was first published in 2011 in Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine. To date the series has 8 volumes published. The manga ranked 1st in Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Top 20 Manga for Male Readers guidebook, with over 6 million copies in print. A TV anime and OVA were announced in February 2014. The OVA handles the first arc in the series, the Bugs 2 Arc, and the anime series continued on with the Annex 1 arc.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
With the space program attempting to travel to Mars, 21st century scientists were tasked with warming up the planet so that humans could survive on its surface. They came up with an efficient and cost-effective plan of sending cockroaches and mold to the surface so that the mold would absorb the sunlight and the insect corpses would serve as a food source for the mold.
It is now the year 2577 and the first manned ship to Mars has landed on the planet and the six crew members are ready for their mission. But what they find are giant mutated humanoid cockroaches with incredible physical strength. The crew members are easily wiped out, but not before sending a transmission back to Earth. Now, humanity will send elite warriors to exterminate the mutated bugs and claim back Mars.
The second season of the Terra Formars TV anime series, titled Terra Formars: Revenge, will air during April next year in the Spring 2016 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed in the near future.
You can visit the anime’s official site here: http://terraformars.tv/
And follow their Twitter: @_terraformars
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Terra Formars”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Yu Sasuga, Kenichi Tachibana, Shueisha, Liden Films and TYO Animations