The official website of the anime adaptation of Sui Ishida’s Tokyo Ghoul manga has revealed some new information for the recently announced Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto OVA. The first members of the anime’s cast, staff and first promotional video were all revealed.
The new OVA will be out on Christmas, December 25th, and will follow the story of how Shuu Tsukiyama and Chie Hori met each other. It will adapt the third chapter in the Tokyo Ghoul: Hibi novel written by Shin Towada. The first members of the anime’s cast and character designs were shown:
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) will return to voice Shuu Tsukiyama
- Chie Hori, whose voice actresses will be revealed soon
The first promotional video for Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto was also revealed:
The first members for the OVA’s production staff were unveiled and are as follows:
- Director: Tadahito Matsubayashi (Tokyo Ghoul √A and Bleach Episode Director)
- Scriptwriter: Souichi Shimada (Tokyo Ghoul: JACK Director)
- Anime Character Designers: Manabu Kurihara (Bleach Animation Director), Kazuhiro Miwa (Tokyo Ghoul)
- Animation Director: Katsuya Yamada (Redline, Final Fantasy VII: Last Order)
- Sound Director: Yutaka Yamada (Tokyo Ghoul Music Composer)
- Music Composer: Noboru Haraguchi (Tokyo Ghoul and Shinryaku!! Ika Musume Sound Director)
- Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot (Bleach, Naruto)
The first OVA of the series, Tokyo Ghoul: JACK, will have a limited run in Japanese theatres. The OVA will run from September 5th till the 18th before being released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 30.
Here is the promotional video for the Tokyo Ghoul: JACK OVA:
Tokyo Ghoul is a manga written and illustrated by Sui Ishida. The series began in 2011 and ended in October for a total of 143 chapters. The manga was published in Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump magazine and a total of 13 compiled volumes have been published. The 14th and final volume of the series will be releasing on October 17th. A prequel online manga titled Tokyo Ghoul: JACK by Ishida started in August this year on Shueisha’s Jump Live. An anime adaptation of the series began earlier this Summer. The anime is produced by Studio Pierrot (Naruto Shippuden, Bleach) and directed by Shuhei Morita (Kakurenbo, Freedom). The anime ended on the 18th after a total of 12 episodes. A sequel manga series has also started serialization, titled Tokyo Ghoul:re.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious “ghouls” who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.
The Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto OVA will be out in Japan on December 25. Further information and material about the OVA will release soon.
“Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto”, “Tokyo Ghoul”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Sui Ishida, Shin Towada, Shueisha and Studio Pierrot