The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Norimitsu Kaihou and Sadoru Chiba’s Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!) manga has revealed an updated visual at the end of the first episode to reflect what really is happening the series’ world. Of course, if you haven’t seen the first episode everything below this old visual are SPOILERS.
Above is the previously released visual, which showcases the main girls of the anime in a nice school environment. However if you have seen the first episode of the anime you know that everything is not what it seems. To reflect on that, an updated version of the above visual was revealed showing the truth:
A fan on Twitter has proposed a theory after watching the first episode. If you have noticed, Yuki is wearing a different coloured uniform than the rest of the girls. She is wearing a blue uniform whilst the other main characters are wearing green. But what if you were to invert the colours of Yuki’s uniform?
And if you were to invert the other characters’ uniform…
And why was this done? Well, fans speculate that this alteration to her uniform is to symbolise that she has an inverted personality.
The main cast of the Gakkou Gurashi! anime includes:
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) will be voicing Yuki Takeya
- Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) is voicing Kurumu Ebisuzawa
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Yuuri Wakasa
- Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako) voices Miki Naoki
- Ai Kayano (Menma from AnoHana) will voice Megumi Sakura
- Emiri Katou (Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice Taromaru
The first staff members of the production crew were earlier unveiled and consists of:
- Director: Masaomi Ando (White Album 2, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse)
- Series Composer: Norimitsu Kaihou (Manga’s Creator)
- Anime Character Designer: Haruko Iizuka (Little Busters!, Tamayura)
- Animation Studio: Studio Lerche (Fate/Prototype, Assassination Classroom)
Here is the latest commercial of the anime:
Gakkou Gurashi! (School-Live!) is a cute, slice of life manga series written by Norimitsu Kaihou and illustrated by Sadoru Chiba that started in 2012. Kaihou is a writer from the visual novel developer Nitro+. The series is currently being serialized in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Forward magazine. To date, there have been 4 compiled volumes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Takeya Yuki is in love with the school. For her, it’s a wonderful place, where she enjoys her school activities, especially the activities of her club, the School Life Club. The club has Rii-chan as the president, Kurumi-chan as another member, and the teacher, Megu-nee, always there for them. Yes, she is in love with her school… in her mind. Because, for her, the reality of the school and their club’s activities is way too hard to be perceived…
The Gakkou Gurashi! TV anime airs every Thursday at 11:30pm JST on Tokyo MX.
“Gakkou Gurashi!”, “School-Live!”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Norimitsu Kaihou, Sadoru Chiba, Houbunsha and Studio Lerch