The official website of the upcoming Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- anime, under the mixed-media Valkyrie Drive project, has revealed that the TV anime will air this October. Additionally, a brand new visual, members of the cast and their respective character designs were also revealed.
New members of the anime’s cast have been revealed alongside their character designs. The new cast members include:
- Yuna Yoshino (Seekvaira Agares from High School DxD BorN) as Akira Hiiragi
- Masumi Tazawa (Rika Saionji from Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) is voicing as Kasumi Shigure
- Asami Seto (Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru) voicing the role of Charlotte Scherzen
- Hitomi Harada (Mizuki Himeji in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) will voice Momoka Sagara
- Saori Oonishi (Eriri Spencer Sawamura in Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) joins the cast to voice Rayne Hasumi
- Azumi Asakura (Yukiho Hagiwara from The [email protected]) as Lady J
- Kikuko Inoue (Sanae Furukawa in Clannad) voicing as Torino Kazami
They will join the previously revealed main cast:
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) who voices Mirei Shikishima
- Mikako Izawa (Satsuki Kashiwaba from Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita.) voicing as Mamori Tokonome
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi in Love Live! School Idol Project) voicing as Meifon Sakura
The main members of the anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director and Anime Character Designer: Hiraku Kaneko (Seikon no Qwaser, Maken-Ki! Two)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Trigun, High School of the Dead)
- Chief Animation Directors: Takeshi Yoshioka (Bleach, Ibara no Ou) and Ippei Ichii (Isuca, Shirokuma Cafe)
- Art Director: Hiroki Matsumoto (Strike Witches, Saki)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Hanasaku Iroha, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
- Music Composer: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Arms (Elfen Lied, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha)
A set of preview images have been released for the Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- anime, which gives us a glimpse into the anime’s plot.
Here is the first PV for the anime that also previews the Opening theme song Oh No, Oh No sung by Hitomi Harada:
Valkyrie Drive is a new mixed media project produced by Japanese media publisher Marvelous helmed by Kenichirou Takaki and Hiraku Kaneko, the creators of Senran Kagura. The project initially consists of three separate entities: an anime titled Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-, a console game titled Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni-, and a free to play mobile game called Valkyrie Drive -Siren-. Each of the games will focus on different casts of female characters who each wield a unique weapon.
The synopsis of Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-:
The “beautiful girl sexy battle action” anime is set on five artificial islands. Mamori is a “mermaid” transferred to one of those islands. When Mamori is attacked, a newly transferred girl named Mirei saves her. The enemy doesn’t stop, however, and the two are soon cornered. Just when they think all hope is lost, Mirei kisses Mamori, and Mamori turns into a sword. Mirei then wields the sword and launches a counterattack against their enemies.
The Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- TV anime will be airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article and Images – Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- Website
“Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-“, “Valkyrie Drive”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Marvelous, Studio ARMS and Valkyrie Drive Project