The official website of the Wake Up, Girls! anime have revealed some new information on the upcoming sequel films. There will be a total of two films with the first film, Wake Up, Girls! The Shadow of Youth, releasing in Japan on September 25. The first visual of the movie was also revealed.
There will be two sequel movies of Wake Up, Girls! that will be out in Japanese theatres late this year. The first film, Wake Up, Girls! The Shadow of Youth, will be out on September 25th. The second film, Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom, is slated for a December release.
Fans will be able to order advance copies of the films at selected cinemas on release. Each film will have a limited edition 3 disc set that will contain the film on Blu-ray, the OST and special short drama CD. Each set will be sold for ¥8,640 (~ $70.00 USD). The films will then go on sale with a Blu-ray of the film and the OST, costing ¥7,560 (~ $61.10 USD) each. The Blu-ray release of Wake Up, Girls! The Shadow of Youth will be out on October 30th and the Blu-ray release of Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom is out on January 19th next year.
The cast of the anime will be returning in the upcoming film. The main cast includes:
- Airi Eino (Debut Role) will return as Airi Hayashida
- Nanami Yamashita (Chifuyu Himeki from Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de) will reprise her role of Nanami Hisami
- Minami Tanaka (Hannah N. Fontanstand in Hanayamata) voicing as Minami Katayama
- Kaya Okuno (Yaya Sasame in Hanayamata) will be back to voice Kaya Kikuma
- Yoshino Aoyama (Debut Role) voices Yoshino Nanase
- Miyu Takagi (Hacka Doll No. 1 from Hacka Doll Anime Special) as Miyu Okamoto
- Mayu Yoshioka (Debut Role) returning as Mayu Shimada
The staff members from the anime will also return and includes:
- Director: Yutaka Yamamoto (Lucky☆Star, Senyuu.)
- Scriptwriter: Touko Machida (Lucky☆Star, Hamatora: The Animation)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Sunao Chikaoka (Kyo no Gononi, Hen Semi)
- Music Composer: MONACA (Hanayamata, Oregairu)
- Animation Studio: Ordet (Senyuu., Black★Rock Shooter)
The first trailer for the Wake Up, Girls! films were also revealed at the event:
Wake Up, Girls! is an original anime series project produced by animation studios Ordet (Senyuu., Black★Rock Shooter) and Tatsunoko Productions (Ping Pong The Animation, SKET Dance). The series aired in January 2014 for a total of 12 episodes, in conjunction with the animated prequel film Wake Up, Girls! Shichinin no Idol. The idol anime was directed by Yutaka Yamamoto (Senyuu., Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku) with Touko Machida (Lucky Star, Amnesia) handling the series composition and Sunao Chikaoka (Kyo no Gononi, Hen Semi) designing the characters.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Green Leaves Entertainment is a tiny production company on the verge of going out of business in Sendai, the biggest city in Japan’s northeastern Tohoku region. The agency once managed the careers of magicians, photo idols, fortune-tellers, and other entertainers, but its last remaining client finally quit. In danger of having zero talent (literally), the president Tange hatches an idea of producing an idol group. On the brash president’s orders, the dissatisfied manager Matsuda heads out to scout raw talent. Matsuda makes a fateful encounter with a certain girl…
The first Wake Up, Girls! anime film, Wake Up, Girls! The Shadow of Youth, will release in Japan on September 25. The second film, Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom, will release this December. Further information will be revealed in due time.
Source Article and Images – Wake Up, Girls! Anime Movie Website
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“Wake Up, Girls! The Shadow of Youth”, “Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom”, “Wake Up, Girls”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Ordet, Tatsunoko Production and Green Leaves Entertainment