The official website of the 2016 TV anime adaptation of Katsura Hoshino’s D.Gray-man manga has revealed that the upcoming series will be titled D.Gray-man Hallow. The site has also revealed that the anime will air this July, and has also revealed a new visual, a new promotional video, the cast and the staff.
The main voice cast of the D.Gray-man Hallow anime has been revealed, which includes a brand new cast to the previous anime:
- Ayumu Murase (Rui Ninomiya from Gatchaman Crowds) will voice Allen Walker
- Takuya Satou (Toshiki Kai in Cardfight!! Vanguard) is voicing Yuu Kanda
- Natsuki Hanae (Taichi Yagami in Digimon Adventure tri.) as Lavi
- Shinnosuke Tachibana (Shinichi Tamaki in Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) voices Howard Link
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) joins the cast as Lenalee Lee
- Masakazu Nishida (Kyouma Katagiri from Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation) will be voicing Tyki Mikk
- Yui Kondou (Furano Yukihira in NouCome) is voicing Road Kamelot
- Yutaka Aoyama (Jura Nekis in Fairy Tail) as Earl Millenium
- Soichiro Hoshi (Kira Yamato in Mobile Suit Gundam Seed) voices Wisely
- Ryouta Asari (Yukito Tsujii in Another) joins the cast as Alma Karma
The production staff of the July anime consists of:
- Director: Yoshiharu Ashino (Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo, Mahou Shoujo-tai Arusu)
- Scriptwriters: Kenichi Yamashita (Ketsuekigata-kun!, Jitsu wa Watashi wa), Michiko Yokote (Gintama, Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo ) and Tatsuto Higuchi (Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo, Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Yousuke Kabashima (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny, Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo)
- Art Director: Kazushi Fujii (Medaka Box, Owari no Seraph)
- Sound Director: Takeshi Takadera (Cardfight!! Vanguard, Yowamushi Pedal)
- Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, D.Gray-man)
The second promotional video for the anime has also been revealed:
Here is the first PV:
D.Gray-man is an action adventure manga written and illustrated by Katsura Hoshino. The series began in 2004 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and is still currently ongoing in Jump SQ.Crown magazine, where a total of 24 volumes have been produced. The manga itself has sold over 22.5 million copies, with the last volume releasing in November 2013. The series received a light novel spin-off titled D.Gray-man: Reverse that ran from 2005 till 2010 for 3 volumes. The series also received a TV anime adaptation in 2006 produced by TMS Entertainment (Yowamushi Pedal, Detective Conan) and directed by Osamu Nabeshima (Yowamushi Pedal, Hamtaro).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Toward the end of the 19th century, Allen Walker officially joins the organization of Exorcists that destroy the beings known as Akuma; mechanic weapons made by the Millennium Earl with the suffering souls of the dead. Allen has both a cursed eye and an anti-Akuma weapon as an arm, bearing the power of “Innocence,” a gift given to him as an apostle of God. Allen, along with his fellow Exorcists must put a stop to the Millennium Earl’s ultimate plot that could lead to the destruction of the world and all who live on it.
A brand new TV anime adaptation of D.Gray-man will be airing this July during the Summer 2016 anime season. Additional details about D.Gray-man Hallow will be revealed very soon.
Source Article - MyAnimeList
“D.Gray-man Hallow”, “D.Gray-man”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Katsura Hoshino, Shueisha, TMS Entertainment, and the D.Gray-man Production Committee