The newest issue of Dengeki Bunko magazine has announced that 8 new OVAs are in production for Gakuto Mikumo and Manyako’s Strike the Blood light novel series.
There will be a total of 8 OVAs that will be released later this year in 4 volumes, each containing 2 episodes. It will be avaliable in both Blu-ray and DVD versions and will retail for ¥6,800 (~ $US 66.75). They will release on:
- Volume 1 (OVA 1 & 2): November 23rd
- Volume 2 (OVA 3 & 4): December 21st
- Volume 3 (OVA 5 & 6): March 29th
- Volume 4 (OVA 7 & 8): April 26th
It was announced earlier in the year that a new OVA series in production, following the two previous OVAs that came out in late 2015.
The main cast of the Strike the Blood TV anime and 2015 OVAs includes:
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) voicing as Kojou Akatsuki
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) who voices Yukina Himeragi
- Rina Hidaka (Airi Kashii in Ro-Kyu-Bu!) as Nagisa Akatsuki
- Ryota Osaka (Haruto Tokishima in Kakumeiki Valvrave) voiced Motoki Yaze
- Asami Seto (Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru) as Asagi Aiba
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) who voiced Natsuki Minamiya
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) voicing as Astarte
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) voiced the role of Rudolf Eustach
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Chief Director: Takao Sano (Chitose Get You!!)
- Director: Hideyo Yamamoto (The Prince of Tennis II)
- Series Composer: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Guilty Crown, Accel World)
- Anime Character Designer: Keiichi Sano (Absolute Duo, Kamisama no Memochou)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, anohana)
- Music Composer: Assumed Sounds (Debut Anime Role)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Kokoro Connect)
Strike the Blood is a supernatural, action, ecchi light novel series written by Gakuto Mikumo and illustrated by Manyako. The series began in mid 2011 being published under ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Bunko imprint. To date, a total of 15 volumes have been released. A manga adaptation of the series began in 2012 from Tate serializing in Dengeki Daioh magazine. A TV anime adaptation was produced in the Fall/Autumn 2013 anime season that ran for 24 episodes. It was produced by Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Kokoro Connect) and directed by Hideyo Yamamoto (The Prince of Tennis II). Two OVAs were also produced and released in late 2015.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The Fourth Progenitor is a name that strikes fear in many people. A dangerous vampire thought to exist only in legend, the Fourth Progenitor commands so much power that its very existence is considered an act of war. But now people have discovered that not only is the Fourth Progenitor very real, he is also currently living in Itogami City, an island where humans and demons live together freely.
Until three months ago, Kojou Akatsuki was a normal, human high school student. After becoming the Fourth Progenitor, though, he finds himself with abilities far beyond those of regular vampires. One day, he meets Yukina Himeragi, an apprentice sword-shaman who is sent to observe him and kill him if he becomes too much of a threat. However, her presence raises many questions. If the Fourth Progenitor is so dangerous, why send only an apprentice to deal with him? And how did a human become the Fourth Progenitor in the first place?
A total of 8 new OVAs are being planned for Strike the Blood. Further information about the new OVA series will be revealed later in the year.
“Strike the Blood”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Gakuto Mikumo, Manyako, ASCII Media Works, and the Project STB OVA