A series of new videos have been released for the second season anime of Kazue Katou’s Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist) manga. The new videos focuses on each of the main characters’ motivations and previewing their actions in season 2: Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc.
The Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc TV anime will be airing every Saturday at 2:10am JST on MBS from January 7th, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season.
Yukio Okumura trailer:
Shiemi Moriyama trailer:
Izumo Kamiki trailer:
Renzou Shima trailer:
Konekomaru Miwa trailer:
Ryuuji Suguro trailer:
Rin Okumura trailer:
Here is the English subtitled promotional video of the anime:
The anime will be titled Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen) and will feature the titular arc from the manga. The anime will premiere on MBS on Saturday, January 7th at 2:10am JST. The anime will also air on TBS at 1:55am JST and on CBC at 2:50am JST. The series will also start airing on BS-TBS on the 8th at midnight. Amazon Japan will also be streaming the series.
Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc will be set after the events of the first anime season.
The main cast from the previous season and film will return to reprise their roles:
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Accelerator from Toaru Majutsu no Index) will return to voice Rin Okumura
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) as Yukio Okumura
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) is back as Shiemi Moriyama
- Jin Urayama (Instructor Neel in Train Heroes) is voicing Ryuuji Suguro
- Kouji Yusa (Kyousuke Hyoubu from Zettai Karen Children) will be voicing Renzou Shima
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) voices Konekomaru Miwa
- Eri Kitamura (Yui from Angel Beats!) voicing the role of Izumo Kamiki
- Ayahi Takagaki (Lisbeth in Sword Art Online) as Kuro
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) will be voicing Shura Kirigakure
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi from Bakemonogatari) is back to voice Mephisto Pheles
- Keiji Fujiwara (Tatsuya Kimura from Hajime no Ippo) is going to voice Shirou Fujimoto
The revealed production staff includes:
- Director: Koichi Hatsumi (Deadman Wonderland, Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I)
- Series Composer: Toshiya Oono (Gatchaman Crowds, tsuritama)
- Music Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Anime Character Designer: Keigo Sasaki (Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Nanatsu no Taizai)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
Japanese rock band UVERworld will return to perform the anime’s Opening theme song and Japanese pop artists Rin Akatsuki will perform the Ending theme.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Humans and demons are two sides of the same coin, as are Assiah and Gehenna, their respective worlds. The only way to travel between the realms is by the means of possession, like in ghost stories. However, Satan, the ruler of Gehenna, cannot find a suitable host to possess and therefore, remains imprisoned in his world. In a desperate attempt to conquer Assiah, he sends his son instead, intending for him to eventually grow into a vessel capable of possession by the demon king.
Ao no Exorcist follows Rin Okumura who appears to be an ordinary, somewhat troublesome teenager—that is until one day he is ambushed by demons. His world turns upside down when he discovers that he is in fact the very son of Satan and that his demon father wishes for him to return so they can conquer Assiah together. Not wanting to join the king of Gehenna, Rin decides to begin training to become an exorcist so that he can fight to defend Assiah alongside his brother Yukio.