The anime will be airing on MBS/TBS during their Nichigo timeslot, which will be on Sundays at 5pm JST. The air date of the first episode has yet to be revealed so far.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) who will voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) is going to voice All Might
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) will voice Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) joins the cast to voice Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tenya Iida
Additional members of the anime’s staff were also revealed in the issue:
- Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
And the second PV:
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 6 volumes have been compiled. The series has had good reception selling over 200,000 copies in 4 months, with the first volume selling out in short time. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
A TV anime adaptation of Boku no Hero Academia will be broadcasting on Sundays at 5pm JST on MBS/TBS during April 2016, during the Spring 2016 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
Source Article – Anime News Network
“Boku no Hero Academia”, “My Hero Academia”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Kouhei Horikoshi and Shueisha