The official website of the Strike Witches anime project has revealed a brand new promotional video for the upcoming anime based on the Brave Witches, which will be airing this October. The production staff and theme song artists were also revealed.
The Brave Witches TV anime will debut this October during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season.
Here is the anime’s second promotional video, which introduces the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing and previews the animation for the first time.
The production staff of the previous Strike Witches anime will return to produce Brave Witches:
- Director: Kazuhiro Takamura (Strike Witches, Vividred Operation)
- Series Composer: Striker Unit (Strike Witches Movie, Strike Witches Season 2)
- Military Advisor: Takaaki Suzuki (Strike Witches, Girls und Panzer)
- Anime Character Designer: Kazuhiro Takamura (Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, Strike Witches Director)
- Music Composer: Seikou Nagaoka (Strike Witches, Hitsugi no Chaika)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
Yoko Ishida (Strike Witches OP, Shirobako OP) has been announced to perform one of the theme songs of the anime.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori) will voice Kanno Naoe
- Rie Suegara (Yui Komori in Diabolik Lovers) will star as Takami Karibuchi
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) as Gundula Rall
- Yumi Hara (Takane Shijou in The iDOLM@STER) voices as Aleksandra I. Pokryshkin
- Kayo Ishida (First Major Role) will voice the role of Waltrud Krupinski
- Haruka Terui (Yuuna Yuuki from Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru) voices Georgette Lemare
- Marin Mizutani (First Major Role) as Shimohara Sadako
- Hiromi Igarashi (Anzu Futaba in The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) is going to voice Edytha Rossmann
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) is voicing Nikka Edvardine Katajainen
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) will be voicing as Hikari Karibuchi
Here is the first PV for the anime:
Strike Witches is a media project that started in 2005 based off of Humikane Shimada’s illustrations. The first project was a manga from Yoshiyuki Kazumi, but was cancelled after one volume. A light novel series from Noboru Yamaguchi released the following year in Kadokawa Shoten’s Sneaker Bunko imprint for a total of 3 volumes. This was followed by an OVA and anime adaptation from Gonzo (Welcome to the N.H.K.) in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Since then, many more manga and light novel adaptations were released, as well as the anime’s second season and an animated film, all animated by AIC (Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari). A third season of the Strike Witches anime was announced during the theatrical release of the third entry in the Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow series. It will focus on the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing, known as the Brave Witches.
Here is a synopsis of Brave Witches from MAL:
In September 1944, allied forces led by the 501st Joint Fighter Wing “Strike Witches” successfully eliminate the Neuroi threat from the skies of the Republic of Gallia, thus ensuring the security of western Europe. Taking advantage of this victory, allied forces begin a full-fledged push toward central and eastern Europe. From a base in Petersburg in the Empire of Orussia, the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing “Brave Witches,” upon whom mankind has placed its hopes, flies with courage in the cold skies of eastern Europe.
The Brave Witches TV anime will start airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season. Further information about the upcoming anime will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Strike Witches”, “Brave Witches”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Humikane Shimada, Kadokawa Shoten, Silver Link, AIC and 501st JOINT FIGHTER WING