The official website of the Strike Witches anime project has revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming anime based on the Brave Witches. In addition, the main cast of the October anime was also revealed.
The main cast of the anime has been revealed, which will feature the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing, known as the Brave Witches, who are based in St. Petersburg and Orussia. The main cast includes:
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori) will voice Kanno Naoe
- Rie Suegara (Yui Komori in Diabolik Lovers) will star as Takami Karibuchi
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) as Gundula Rall
- Yumi Hara (Takane Shijou in The iDOLM@STER) voices as Aleksandra I. Pokryshkin
- Kayo Ishida (First Major Role) will voice the role of Waltrud Krupinski
- Haruka Terui (Yuuna Yuuki from Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru) voices Georgette Lemare
- Marin Mizutani (First Major Role) as Shimohara Sadako
- Hiromi Igarashi (Orion in Amnesia) is going to voice Edytha Rossmann
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) is voicing Nikka Edvardine Katajainen
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) will be voicing as Hikari Karibuchi
Here is the first PV for the new anime:
Strike Witches is a media project that started in 2005 based off of Humikane Shimada’s illustrations. The first project was a manga from Yoshiyuki Kazumi, but was cancelled after one volume. A light novel series from Noboru Yamaguchi released the following year in Kadokawa Shoten’s Sneaker Bunko imprint for a total of 3 volumes. This was followed by an OVA and anime adaptation from Gonzo (Welcome to the N.H.K.) in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Since then, many more manga and light novel adaptations were released, as well as the anime’s second season and an animated film, all animated by AIC (Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari). A third season of the Strike Witches anime was announced during the theatrical release of the third entry in the Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow series. It will focus on the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing, known as the Brave Witches.
Here is a synopsis of Strike Witches from MAL:
The year is 1944 and the world lives in fear of unidentified flying objects called Neuroi. With the old-boy old guard unable to thwart this deadly menace, humanity turns its desperate eyes to an aerial attack force with much nicer legs. Meet the girls of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, better known as the Strike Witches. These darlings of the great blue yonder may not have standard issue uniforms, but they do have all the right stuff. Where the average flyboy falters, these dolls blast aliens to bits in the bat of an eyelash. With a little magic and a whole lot of leg, the girls of the 501st are winning the war on pants, and aliens!
The Brave Witches TV anime will start airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season. Further information about the upcoming anime will be revealed at a later date.
“Strike Witches”, “Brave Witches”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Humikane Shimada, Kadokawa Shoten, Silver Link, AIC and 501st JOINT FIGHTER WING