The first commercial has been revealed for the upcoming Brave Witches anime, a spin-off of the Strike Witches anime project. The new 30 second video introduces the members of the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing, known as the Brave Witches.
The Brave Witches TV anime will start airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season.
Here is the anime’s latest promotional video:
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori) will voice Kanno Naoe
- Rie Suegara (Yui Komori in Diabolik Lovers) will star as Takami Karibuchi
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) as Gundula Rall
- Yumi Hara (Takane Shijou in The [email protected]) voices as Aleksandra I. Pokryshkin
- Kayo Ishida (First Major Role) will voice the role of Waltrud Krupinski
- Haruka Terui (Yuuna Yuuki from Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru) voices Georgette Lemare
- Marin Mizutani (First Major Role) as Shimohara Sadako
- Hiromi Igarashi (Orion in Amnesia) is going to voice Edytha Rossmann
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) is voicing Nikka Edvardine Katajainen
- Ai Kakuma (Ruuko Kominato from Selector Infected WIXOSS) will be voicing as Hikari Karibuchi
The production staff of the previous Strike Witches anime will return to produce Brave Witches:
- Director: Kazuhiro Takamura (Strike Witches, Vividred Operation)
- Series Composer: Striker Unit (Strike Witches Movie, Strike Witches Season 2)
- Military Advisor: Takaaki Suzuki (Strike Witches, Girls und Panzer)
- Anime Character Designer: Kazuhiro Takamura (Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, Strike Witches Director)
- Music Composer: Seikou Nagaoka (Strike Witches, Hitsugi no Chaika)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Kokoro Connect, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
Yoko Ishida (Strike Witches OP, Shirobako OP) has been announced to perform one of the theme songs of the anime.
Synopsis of the anime from MAL:
In September 1944, allied forces led by the 501st Joint Fighter Wing “Strike Witches” successfully eliminate the Neuroi threat from the skies of the Republic of Gallia, thus ensuring the security of western Europe. Taking advantage of this victory, allied forces begin a full-fledged push toward central and eastern Europe. From a base in Petersburg in the Empire of Orussia, the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing “Brave Witches,” upon whom mankind has placed its hopes, flies with courage in the cold skies of eastern Europe.