Japanese light novel imprint GA Bunko has revealed that the upcoming anime adaptation of Fujino Oomori and Kiyotaka Haimura’s Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? Gaiden: Sword Oratoria (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria) light novel series will start airing in April 2017.
The anime will air next April, which would be broadcast during the Spring 2017 anime season.
The series is a spinoff that focuses on Aiz Wallenstein. It was first published in 2014 under SB Creative’s GA Bunko imprint, where a total of 6 volumes have been published. The spinoff light novels have also inspired a manga adaptation.
Here is the synopsis of DanMachi: Sword Oratoria:
Sword princess Aiz Wallenstein. Today, once again, the strongest female swordsman heads to the giant labyrinth known as the “Dungeon” along with her allies. On the 50th floor where mysteries and threats such as a decayed dragon’s corpse that crumbles to ash and an irregularity that creeps ever closer to the party loom, Aiz calls for the wind and heads deeper into the darkness of the Dungeon. Eventually, she finds herself meeting a boy for the first time. “Um, are you OK?” In the Labyrinth City of Orario, the contrasting stories of the boy and the girl intersect!
The main cast of the main DanMachi anime includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito from Sword Art Online) voices the lead character Bell Cranel
- Inori Minase (Chino Kafuu in Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) voicing as Hestia
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) will voice Ais Wallenstein
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will be voicing Liliruca Ahde
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) voices Eina Tulle
- Shizuka Ishigami (Ellis Fahrengart in Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance) is voicing Syr Flover
The staff producing the anime includes:
- Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa (Little Busters!, Kill Me Baby)
- Series Composer: Hideki Shirane (Date A Live, Hayate no Gotoku!)
- Anime Character Designer: Shigeki Kimoto (Sky Girls Sub Character Designer, Toaru Majutsu no Index Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) is a light novel series written by Fujino Oomori and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda. The series began in 2013 under SB Creative’s GA Bunko light novel imprint. To date a total of 9 compiled volumes have been published and have collectively sold over 500,000 copies in Japan. A TV anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Spring 2015 anime season. A spinoff series titled Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? Gaiden: Sword Oratoria started in early 2014, with a total of 6 volumes published to date. Volume 7 will release on December 14.
Here is a synopsis of the series:
The story takes place in the town of labyrinths, Orario, also called “Dungeon.” Vel Clanel is a newbie adventurer that admires “Having a fateful meeting with a person of the opposite gender.” One day during an adventure, he is attacked by a Minotaur. Close to destruction, he is saved by a top-class female adventurer, Eyes Warenstein. He falls in love with her at first sight, and begins actions to become an adventurer that is on her level. He later encounters Hestia, a god called a “Lolita god” due to her stature who falls in love with him.
The DanMachi: Sword Oratoria TV anime is in production for an April 2017 broadcast. Further details about the series will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? Gaiden: Sword Oratoria”, “DanMachi”, “Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?”, “Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Fujino Oomori, Suzuhito Yasuda, SB Creative, J.C. Staff and DanMachi Production Committee