The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Chihiro Ishizuka’s Flying Witch manga has revealed that the anime will begin airing on April 10th. In addition, the anime’s main cast and first promotional video were all revealed.
The Flying Witch TV anime will air on Saturday, April 10th at 2:25am JST on NTV. It will also air on Aomori Broadcasting on the 15th at midnight.
The anime’s main cast were also revealed:
- Minami Shinoda (First Major Role) will lead the cast as Makoto Kowata
- Eri Suzuki (Sanae Higashihongan in Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?) voices Chinatsu Kuramoto
- Shinsuke Sugawara (First Major Role) will voice Kei Kuramoto
The main members of the anime’s production staff includes:
- Director: Katsushi Sakurabi (Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru, Kamisama no Memochou)
- Scriptwriter: Deko Akao (Nazo no Kanojo X, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Anime Character Designer: Masato Yasuno (Little Busters! and DanMachi Animation Director)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Sword Art Online)
- Music Composer: Yoshiaki Dewa (Amnesia, Nagi no Asukara)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Prison School)
The anime’s first promotional video was also released:
Flying Witch is a slice of life, supernatural manga written and illustrated by Chihiro Ishizuka. The series began as a one shot manga in 2010 being published in the August issue of Kodansha’s Bessatsu Shounen Magazine. The manga was then serialized in the same magazine starting from August 2012 where to date a total of 3 volumes have been compiled and released. The fourth volume is scheduled to release in April this year.
Here is the series’ synopsis:
The comical story follows the 15-year-old witch Makoto Kowata and the other boys and girls in her daily life. With her black cat Chito, the somewhat aimless girl moved from Yokohama to live with her second cousin at Aomori in verdant northern Japan.
The Flying Witch anime adaptation will start its broadcast from Saturday, April 10th on NTV at 2:25am JST during the Spring 2016 anime season. Further information about the adaptation will be revealed later.
“Flying Witch”, images, and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Chihiro Ishizuka, Kodansha and the Flying Witch Production Committee