The first promotional video has been released for the upcoming original anime HaiFuri. The new video briefly introduces to us the large cast of characters that you will meet in the anime. It also previews the series’ Opening theme song High Free Spirits, sung by the idol trio TrySail. The series itself features original character designs from Non Non Biyori‘s Atto.
The HaiFuri anime is currently in production and is currently scheduled for April on BS11 and Tokyo MX, during the Spring 2016 anime season.
The main characters of the anime consists of:
- Akeno Misaki
- Moeka China
- Mashiro Munetani
- Hiromi Kuroki
- Maron Yanagiwara
- Mikan Irako
- Homare Kinesaki
- Akane Kinesaki
- Hime Wazumi
- Momo Aoki
- Ritsuko Matsunaga
- Rin Shiretoko
The main members of the anime’s production staff has:
- Director: Yuu Nobuta (Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai)
- Series Composer: Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman., K-ON!)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Naoto Nakamura (Miss Monochrome The Animation, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
- Original Character Designer: Atto (Non Non Biyori)
- Colour Designer: Hitomi Ikeda (High School DxD, Strike Witches)
- Animation Studio: Production IMS (Date A Live, Shinmai Maou no Testament)
“In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go.”
Japan, 100 years after plate subductions caused many other countries to be submerged. To save the remaining countries, the coastal cities that had been built up were launched into the seas, and the seaborne routes between them expanded. With this expansion, a need for personnel that could safeguard the seas arose. Women began to seek employment in this new industry, and soon, the “Blue Mermaids,” those who keep the sea safe, began to be a source of admiration for many. The childhood friends Akeno Misaki and Moeka China sought to become Blue Mermaids themselves, and together with others who shared their dream, they enrolled in Yokosuka’s Marine High School.