The official website of the anime adaptation of Hirohiko Araki’s JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken) manga revealed a brand new visual and set of character designs for the upcoming anime adaptation of the series’ 4th part, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable.
The character designs for the JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable anime has been revealed for the main cast:
- Yuuki Ono (Taiga Kagami from Kuroko no Basket) will voice Josuke Higashikata
- His Stand Crazy Diamond
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Koichi Hirose
- Wataru Takagi (Genta Kojima in Detective Conan) is voicing Okuyasu Nijimura
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) voices Rohan Kishibe
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler) back to voice Joutarou Kuujou
The production staff from the recent anime adaptation of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure will return to produce part 4:
- Director: Naokatsu Tsuda (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Inu × Boku SS)
- Chief Director: Yuuta Takamura (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure and Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode Director)
- Series Director: Toshiyuki Kato (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure and CODE-E Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Yasuko Kobayashi (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Attack on Titan)
- Anime Character Designer: Terumi Nishii (Mawaru Penguindrum, Kimi no Iru Machi)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Fate/Zero)
- Music Composer: Yuugo Kanno (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Psycho-Pass)
- Animation Production: David Production (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Inu × Boku SS)
The anime’s first promotional video was earlier released:
Here is the anime’s announcement video:
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken) is a supernatural, action adventure manga written and illustrated by Hirohiko Araki. Araki began the manga in 1986 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, and as 2004 in their Ultra Jump magazine. The series is currently ongoing where to date a total of 114 volumes have been compiled and published, split up into 8 parts. The series was first adapted into an anime as an OVA in 1993 by A.P.P.P. (Roujin Z, Omishi Magical Theater: Risky Safety), with another OVA series in 2000. An anime film by the same studio was produced in 2007. A TV anime adaptation of the manga began in 2012 from David Production (Ben-To, Inu × Boku SS) for 26 episodes, and a second season in 2014 as JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders that ran for 48 episodes. The series was also adapted into multiple light novel series.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Beginning its tale in 19th century England, young aristocrat Jonathan Joestar finds himself locked in bitter rivalry with Dio Brando, a low-born boy who Jonathan’s father took under his wing after the death of Dio’s father. Discontent with his station in life, Dio’s fathomless lust to reign over all eventually leads him to seek the supernatural powers of an ancient Aztec stone mask in the Joestar’s possession—an artifact that will forever change the destiny of Dio and Jonathan for generations to come. Fifty years later, in 1938 New York City, Jonathan’s grandson Joseph Joestar must take up his grandfather’s mission and master the abilities necessary to destroy the stone mask and its immensely powerful creators who threaten humanity’s very existence, the Pillar Men.
The anime adaptation of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 4, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, will air this April, during the Spring 2016 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
“JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable”, “JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai”, “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure”, “JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Hirohiko Araki, Shueisha, David Production, and the JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Production Committee