On the wraparound band of the 12th volume of Daichi Sorayomi’s Keijo!!!!!!!! (Hip Whip Girl) manga, it was revealed that the series’ upcoming anime adaptation will air for a total of 12 episodes. The anime itself will start this October.
The Keijo!!!!!!!! anime will air on Thursdays 11:30pm JST on Tokyo MX starting from October 6th. The anime will also air on AT-X on Fridays at 12:00am JST and BS11 at 12:30am JST, both from the 7th.
The revealed cast members includes:
- Lynn (Maya Kyoudou from Sabagebu!) voicing as Nozomi Kaminashi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Sayaka Miyata
- Kaede Hondo (Kukuru Nonomoto in Fushigi na Somera-chan) will voice Kazane Aoba
- Saori Oonishi (La Folia Rihavein in Strike the Blood) voicing the role of Non Toyoguchi
- Rena Maeda (Machi in Hunter x Hunter) will join the cast to voice Hanabi Kawai
- Hibiku Yamamura (Haruna in Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio) stars as Mio Kusakai
- Rie Takahashi (Emilia in Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) voicing as Rin Rokudo
The production staff includes:
- Director: Hideya Takahashi (Fantasista Stella, Pokémon: The Origin)
- Series Composer: Takao Kato (Pandora Hearts and To Love-Ru Director)
- Anime Character Designer: Keiya Nakano (Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm, Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky)
- Animation Studio: Xebec (To LOVE-Ru, Soukyuu no Fafner)
The first 90 second promotional video was unveiled at Comiket 90. It introduces the main characters and previews the main theme song DreamxScramble performed by AiRI:
Here is the previous teaser video:
Keijo!!!!!!!! (Hip Whip Girl) is a ecchi sports manga written and illustrated by Daichi Sorayomi. The series began publication in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday in 2013 and has a total of 12 published volumes to date.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Kaminashi Nozomi (17) is an exceptional gymnast. So much so that colleges with some of the best gymnastic programs are trying to recruit her. Unfortunately for them, she has other plans. Due to her family being extremely poor, money is everything to her. That’s why she wants to step into the world of “Keijo.” “Keijo” is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. The aim is to push the other contestant off of the platform into the water, but they are only allowed to use their butt or breasts to push the others off. Will Nozomi be able to compete in the intense world of “Keijo” and bring wealth and fortune for her family?
The TV anime adaptation of Keijo!!!!!!!! will air every Thursday at 11:30pm JST on Tokyo MX starting October 6th for a total of 12 episodes, throughout the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season. Further information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://keijollllllll.com/
And follow their Twitter: @keijo_anime
“Keijo!!!!!!!!”, “Hip Whip Girl”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Daichi Sorayomi, Shogakukan, Xebec and the Japan Keijo Promotion Committee