Prepare your explosives as the official website of the TV anime adaptation of Natsume Akatsuki and Kurone Mishima’s Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) light novel series has revealed that the anime’s second season will air during January 2017.
Season 2 of the anime will be airing from January 2017, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. The second season will air one year after the first season, which aired in January 2016 during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season.
Here is a version of the visual without the air window announcement:
Don’t forget that a brand new OVA was bundled with the limited edition of the light novel’s 9th volume.
The main cast of KonoSuba includes:
- Jun Fukushima (Yoshihisa Manabe Kotoura-san) will voice Kazuma Satou
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voicing as Aqua
- Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako) as Megumin
- Ai Kayano (Menma in AnoHana) voices Raratina Dustiness Ford
- Sayuri Hara (Mio Honda in The [email protected] Cinderella Girls) will play the role of Luna
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill) voices a Ruffian
- Ayaka Suwa (Tokaku Azuma in Akuma no Riddle) as Chris
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is going to voice Beldia Dullahan
- Takuya Eguchi (Kazuya Kujou in Gosick) will be voicing the role of Kyouya Mitsurugi
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) is voicing Wiz
The production staff of the anime has:
- Director: Takaomi Kanasaki (Tokyo Ravens, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
- Series Composer: Makoto Uezu (School Days, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
- Anime Character Designer: Koichi Kikuta (Seitokai Yakuindomo and Robotics;Notes Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kamisama Dolls)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin)
Here is the main promotional video for the anime’s first season:
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Natsume Akatsuki and illustrated by Kurone Mishima. The series began in October 2013 being published under Kadokawa Shoten’s Sneaker Bunko imprint, where a total of 7 volumes have been produced to date. A spin-off light novel series titled Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen o! is also being produced alongside the parent novel, with 3 volumes to date. A manga adaptation is currently being serialized in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine. The series received an anime adaptation during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season.
Here is the series’ synopsis from MAL:
The life of Satou Kazuma, a hikikomori who likes games, all too soon came to an end because of a traffic accident… It was supposed to, but when he woke up, a beautiful girl who called herself a goddess was in front of his eyes.
“Hey, I have got something a little nice for you. Wanna go to another world? You can take only one thing of your choice along with you.”
“…then I’ll take you.”
From here on, the great adventure of subjugating the Demon King will begin for the reincarnated Kazuma… Or so one would think, but it’s the labor for obtaining food, clothing and shelter that begins! Despite Kazuma wanting to live in peace, the goddess keeps causing problems one after another, and eventually, they attract the attention of the Demon King’s army!?
The second season of the Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! anime will be airing in January 2017, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://konosuba.com/
And follow their Twitter: @konosubaanime
“Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!”, “Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Natsume Akatsuki, Kurone Mishima, Kadokawa, and the Kono Suba Production Committee