An anime based on the Love Live! Sunshine!! project has been announced at the recent Love Live! Sunshine!! Aqours Niconico Live Extracurricular Activity ~First Heart-Pounding Live Broadcast!~ that is currently being scheduled for a Summer 2016 broadcast.
Earlier in the month Dengeki G’s magazine hosted a poll to allow fans to name the 9 idols of Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy. The name Aqours was chosen by fans for the idol group. A poll was also set up for the first series, Love Live! School Idol Project, where the name μ’s was chosen.
The idol group themselves will be featured in the Love Live! School Idol Festival mobile app, which will include a new story starring Aqours. The group will also host their own stream starting on January 22nd.
Details about the members of Aqours were earlier revealed:
- The readers and fans of the series will be able to participate in the story
- After seeing the success of μ, Chika Takami wishes to follow in their footsteps and become a school idol. The new group can be seen as a sister looking up to μ
- The anime will be set in Uchiura, a small seaside town near Numazu, Shizuoka Prefecture
- The nine girls attend Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy, a school with less than 100 students
The full anime music video for Aqours’ first single, Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai? (released on October 7th), has been revealed:
Here is the single’s cover:
The main cast for Aqours includes:
- Anju Inami (Ino Yamanaka in the Naruto Stage Play) will voice Chika Takami
- Rikako Aida (Poona in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart) voices Riko Sakurauchi
- Nanaka Suwa (Yaya in Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de) as Kanan Matsuura
- Arisa Komiya (Gravure Idol and Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) is voicing Dia Kurosawa
- Shuka Saito (First Major Role) will join the cast as You Watanabe
- Aika Kobayashi (Singer of Freezing ED) will voice Yoshiko Tsushima
- Kanako Takatsuki (Cover Artist, Part of AnisongCollab) as Hanamaru Kunikida
- Aina Suzuki (Contestant in the 2013 Anison Grand Prix) voices Mari Ohara
- Ai Furihata (Various Game Voices) is voicing Ruby Kurosawa
Love Live! School Idol Project is an original anime produced by Sunrise studios that aired in January 2013. The conception of the anime project started in 2010 by Dengeki G’s Magazine. The editors wanted the project to be heavily influenced by fans, such as the costumes, hairstyles and names. Throughout this process, a manga of the project simply called Love Live! began in early 2012 by Sakurako Kimino and Arumi Tokita. The next part in the project was the anime series, followed by this app and an OVA. The second season of Love Live! School Idol Project aired last year and an anime film will be released this Summer.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Otonokizaka High School stands on the border of three cities: Akihabara—a pop culture mecca that’s evolving by the minute; Kanda—a conservative, cultured city where history and tradition reign supreme; and Jinbo—a quiet area reserved for a more mature, sophisticated population. Amidst this culture clash, the school now faces closure due to the enrollment of fewer and fewer students.
With the school planning to close within three years, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school’s popularity and keep it from shutting down. “In order to protect our beloved school, there’s only one thing we can do… become pop stars!”
The Love Live! Sunshine!! anime is currently in production and will air this July, during the Summer 2016 anime season. The group’s second single will release on April 27 in Japan. Further information about the project will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the proejct’s website for more information: http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/sp_sunshine.html
And follow their Twitter as well: @LoveLive_staff
Source Article #2 – Anime News Network
“Love Live! Sunshine!!”, “Love Live! School Idol Project”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Love Live! Project, Sunrise, Lantis and ASCII Media Works