The official website of the Love Live! Sunshine!! anime project has revealed a brand new visual for the July TV anime. Additionally, the site has also announced the first members of the series’ production staff and revealed a brand new promotional video.
The first members of the anime’s production staff were announced:
- Director: Kazuo Sakai (Mushi-Uta)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuhei Murota (Love Live! School Idol Project)
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Gangsta., Ao Haru Ride)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: Sunrise (Gintama, Code Geass)
A new promotional video was released that introduces the main idols of Aqours:
The main cast for Aqours includes:
- Anju Inami (Ino Yamanaka in the Naruto Stage Play) will voice Chika Takami
- Rikako Aida (Poona in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart) voices Riko Sakurauchi
- Nanaka Suwa (Yaya in Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de) as Kanan Matsuura
- Arisa Komiya (Gravure Idol and Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) is voicing Dia Kurosawa
- Shuka Saito (First Major Role) will join the cast as You Watanabe
- Aika Kobayashi (Singer of Freezing ED) will voice Yoshiko Tsushima
- Kanako Takatsuki (Cover Artist, Part of AnisongCollab) as Hanamaru Kunikida
- Aina Suzuki (Contestant in the 2013 Anison Grand Prix) voices Mari Ohara
- Ai Furihata (Various Game Voices) is voicing Ruby Kurosawa
Here is the anime’s official trailer:
Love Live! School Idol Project is an original anime produced by Sunrise studios that aired in January 2013. The conception of the anime project started in 2010 by Dengeki G’s Magazine. The editors wanted the project to be heavily influenced by fans, such as the costumes, hairstyles and names. Throughout this process, a manga of the project simply called Love Live! began in early 2012 by Sakurako Kimino and Arumi Tokita. The next part in the project was the anime series, followed by this app and an OVA. The second season of Love Live! School Idol Project aired last year and an anime film will be released this Summer.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Otonokizaka High School stands on the border of three cities: Akihabara—a pop culture mecca that’s evolving by the minute; Kanda—a conservative, cultured city where history and tradition reign supreme; and Jinbo—a quiet area reserved for a more mature, sophisticated population. Amidst this culture clash, the school now faces closure due to the enrollment of fewer and fewer students.
With the school planning to close within three years, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school’s popularity and keep it from shutting down. “In order to protect our beloved school, there’s only one thing we can do… become pop stars!”
The Love Live! Sunshine!! anime is currently in production and will air this July, during the Summer 2016 anime season. Further information about the TV anime will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Love Live! Sunshine!!”, “Love Live! School Idol Project”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Love Live! Project, Sunrise, Lantis and ASCII Media Works