The final live instalment of the 4 parter Niconico Seek at Mekakucity livestream has revealed that a new anime adaptation of Shizen no Teki-P (Jin)’s Kagerou Project series of songs is currently in production. The new anime will be titled Mekakucity Actors Reload.
The announcement has noted that the series would be getting more anime and the new title is only tentative for now. Details about the anime’s relation to the first series and its format has yet to be revealed.
There will also be an anime short film coming out later this year, that is unrelated to Mekakucity Actors Reload.
The main cast of Mekakucity Actors includes:
- Yuuko Kaida (Shimei Ryomou from Ikkitousen) voices Tsubomi Kido
- Soichiro Hoshi (Kira Yamato in Mobile Suit Gundam Seed) voicing the role of Kousuke Seto
- Shinnosuke Tachibana (Shinichi Tamaki in Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) as Shuuya Kano
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing Mari Kozakura
- Nanami Kashiyama (Utae Sonokoe in R-15) as Momo Kisaragi
- Kana Asumi (Komari Koshigaya from Non Non Biyori) voicing the role of Takane Enomoto
- Takuma Terashima (Shiroe from Log Horizon) voices Shintarou Kisaragi
- Misuzu Togashi (Yukiteru Amano from Mirai Nikki) plays the role of Hibiya Amamiya
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe in Steins;Gate) voicing the role of Haruka Kokonose
- Mai Nakahara (Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad) as Ayano Tateyama
The production staff consists of:
- Directors: Akiyuki Shinbou (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Nisekoi) and Yuki Yase (Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb)
- Series Composer and Music Composer: Jin
- Chief Animation Director: Naoto Nakamura (High School Fleet, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
- Anime Character Designer: Genichirou Abe (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica and Bakemonogatari Key Animator)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Bakemonogatari)
Here is the anime’s promotional video:
The Kagerou Project started as a series of Vocaloid songs produced by Jin (Shizen no Teki-P) that gained popularity on Japanese video sharing site Niconico. The project was adapted into a light novel series titled Kagerou Daze in 2012 written by Jin and illustrated by Sidu; published by Enterbrain’s KCG Bunko imprint a total of 6 volumes have been released. A manga adaptation started in the same year in Media Factory’s Monthly Comic Gene magazine, illustrated by Mahiro Satou. A TV anime adaptation titled Mekakucity Actors was produced for the Spring 2014 anime season, aniamted by Studio Shaft (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Bakemonogatari) and directed by Akiyuki Shinbou (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Nisekoi) and Yuki Yase (Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL
On the hot summer day of August 14, Shintarou Kisaragi is forced leave his room for the first time in two years. While arguing with the cyber girl Ene who lives in his computer, Shintarou Kisaragi accidentally spills soda all over his keyboard. Though they try to find a replacement online, most stores are closed due to the Obon festival, leaving them with no other choice but to visit the local department store. Venturing outside makes Shintarou extremely anxious, but the thought of living without his computer is even worse. It’s just his luck that on the day he finally goes out, he’s caught in a terrifying hostage situation.
Luckily, a group of teenagers with mysterious eye powers, who call themselves the “Mekakushi Dan,” assist Shintarou in resolving the situation. As a result, he is forced to join their group, along with Ene. Their abilities seem to be like pieces of a puzzle, connecting one another, and as each member’s past is unveiled, the secret that ties them together is slowly brought to light.
A brand new Mekakucity Actors anime, tentatively titled Mekakucity Actors Reload, is in production. Further details about the new anime will be revealed at a later date.
“Mekakucity Actors”, “Kagerou Project”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Jin, Shaft, 1st Place and the Kagerou Project