The official website of the anime adaptation of Square Enix’s Schoolgirl Strikers has revealed a brand new visual for the upcoming January 2017 show. The new image shows the main characters in their battle attire.
The upcoming anime will be titled Schoolgirl Strikers Animation Channel and will air from January during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. It will air on Tokyo MX, KBS Kyoto, Sun TV and BS11.
The main cast of the game will return to reprise their roles in the anime:
- Kaori Ishihara (Aladdin in Magi: The Kingdom of Magic) voicing as Tsubame Miyama
- Rina Hidaka (Silica from Sword Art Online) as Satoka Sumihara
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Celty Sturluson from Durarara!!) will voice Io Yaginuma
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voices Yumi Sajima
- Yui Ogura (Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi from Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.) voicing the role of Mana Namori
The main members of the anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Hiroshi Nishikiori (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Trinity Seven)
- Series Composer: Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuichi Tanaka (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Oregairu Zoku)
- Music Composer: Mizuto Suzuki and Kengo Tokusashi
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Bakuman.)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be performed by the main cast of the anime.
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
Schoolgirl Strikers is a mobile JRPG developed by Square Enix for smartphone devices. The game was first released in 2014 with an emphasis of collectible cards, where players are able to use the cards to do battle in traditional 3D RPG systems in addition to visual novel mechanics. Players are also able to customise the appearance of the characters they receive. The game received a manga and light novel adaptation in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
It’s the near future. The newly established girls’ private school Goryoukan Academy has another face. This school has a special unit, Fifth force, who is assembled and selected from the school’s student body in order to fight an enemy called Oburi.
This is a story about love, courage and friendship about the girls called Strikers.
The TV anime adaptation of the Schoolgirl Strikers mobile game, titled Schoolgirl Strikers Animation Channel, will air from January 2017 on Tokyo MX, during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season.
“Schoolgirl Strikers Animation Channel”, “Schoolgirl Strikers”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Square Enix, J.C. Staff and the Schoolgirl Strikers Production Committee