It is time for more comparisons for the TV anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga. This time we will continue looking at the differences between the 5th, 6th and 7th episodes of the anime, with the corresponding chapters from the published manga by Murata and the original Web manga by ONE.
With One Punch-Man there are two source versions – ONE’s original Web manga and Yuusuke Murata’s publication. The anime itself has taken more inspiration from Murata’s version, which is written by ONE. Reddit user tsumehtai has compiled some comparisons for the TV anime and the two manga versions of One Punch-Man, with the order being anime, Murata’s manga and ONE’s manga. You can see the comparisons for the first 5 episodes here.
Spoilers for One Punch-Man Episodes 5 – 7
There will be a total of 6 OVAs for the One Punch-Man anime that will be bundled with each volume, each lasting approximately 10 minutes. All the OVAs feature original stories written by ONE himself. The 6 OVAs are:
- Shinobiyori Sugiru Kage (A Shadow That Snuck Up Too Close)
- Hanashibeta-sugiru Deishi (The Pupil Who Is an Extremely Poor Talker)
- Kojire-sugiru Ninja (The Ninja Who is Too Complicated)
- Gouin-sugiru Bang (Bang, Who is Too Overbearing)
- Iroiro Ari-sugiru Kyoudai (The Sisters Who Have Too Many Things Happening)
- Fukanou-sugiru Satsujin Jiken (The Murder Case that is Too Impossible)
Here are the preview images for the third OVA:
The anime’s website has revealed that the volumes will contain English subtitles alongside Japanese audio. The first volume released on December 24, and the second volume will release on January 26 with:
- Episodes 3 and 4
- The second OVA
- Two episodes of the spin-off anime One-Punch Man Hamidashi Gekijou (One-Punch Man Forced Out Theater)
- A Character Song CD
- Commentary for episode 3
Two commercials were also released for upcoming the Blu-ray and DVD releases:
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) will voice Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice the Speed of Sound Sonic (Onsoku no Sonic), a villainous assassin
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki), a S-class rank 2 esper hero
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) voices License-less Rider
- Saori Hayami (Miyuki Shiba in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) will voice Hellish Blizzard
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) as the Handsome Kamen Amai Mask
- Masaya Onosaka (Takeshi Momoshiro in Prince of Tennis) joins the cast to voice Puri Puri Prisoner
- Wataru Hatano (Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail) as Metal Bat
The anime’s staff has:
- Director: Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)
- Scriptwriter: Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger & Bunny, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary)
- Anime Character Designer: Chikashi Kubota (Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai yori)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (No Game No Life, Wolf Children)
Here is the third promotional video for the anime:
One Punch-Man is an action, comedy manga written by ONE and illustrated by Yuusuke Murata. The series began in 2009 as a free online web comic written by ONE, before being picked up by Shueisha and being featured in their Young Jump magazine publication in mid 2012, with Murata illustrating. To date, a total of 9 compiled volumes have been released with the latest volume releasing on August 4th. The series has become a phenomenon in Japan, selling over 4.5 million copies as of November last year, doubling its sales in one year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!
The One Punch-Man anime has currently ended its first broadcast. The third Blu-ray and DVD of the anime will be out on February 23, containing the 3rd OVA.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://onepunchman-anime.net/
And follow its Twitter here: @opm_anime
“One Punch-Man”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 ONE, Yuusuke Murata, Shueisha and the Hero Associations Headquarters