The first promotional video has been revealed for the upcoming anime adaptation of Chika Umino’s Sangatsu no Lion (3gatsu no Lion/March Comes in like a Lion) manga. The video introduces the main premise and characters of the series. The Opening theme song, Answer by Bump of Chicken, was also previewed in the PV.
The Sangatsu no Lion TV anime will air every Saturday at 11:00pm JST on NHK starting October 8th, during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season for a total of 22 episodes.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Kengo Kawanishi (Tobirama Senju in Naruto) will lead the cast as Rei Kiriyama
- Ai Kayano (Menma in AnoHana) will voice Akari Kawamoto
- Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!) voicing as Hinata Kawamoto
- Misaki Kuno (Kate Hoshimiya from Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda) voicing the role of Momo Kawamoto
The leading members production of the anime includes:
- Director: Akiyuki Simbo (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Anime Character Designer: Nobuhiro Sugiyama (Nisekoi, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Art Director: Seiki Tamura (K-ON!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Music Composer: Yukari Hashimoto (Golden Time, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Dog Days, Nisekoi)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The protagonist is Rei, a 17-year-old shogi player. He lives by himself, not having a family, and does not go to school and has scarcely any friends. Among his acquaintances is a family, which consists of a young woman, Akari, and two young girls, Momo and Hinata, and who also keep a numerous number of cats.