The official website of the anime adaptation of Chika Umino’s Sangatsu no Lion (March Comes in like a Lion) manga has revealed the first visual for the October series. In addition, the first character designs and production staff were also revealed.
The anime’s website has revealed a couple of visuals for the main characters:
- Rei Kiriyama
- Akari Kawamoto, Hinata Kawamoto and Momo Kawamoto
The first members of the anime’s production staff were also revealed, which includes:
- Director: Akiyuki Simbo (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
- Anime Character Designer: Nobuhiro Sugiyama (Nisekoi, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
- Art Director: Seiki Tamura (K-ON!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Music Composer: Yukari Hashimoto (Golden Time, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Dog Days, Nisekoi)
- Animation Studio: Shaft (Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Sangatsu no Lion (March Comes in like a Lion) is a slice of life manga written and illustrated by Chika Umino. The series began its publication in 2007 in Hakusensha’s Young Animal magazine. To date a total of 11 volumes have been published. The series itself won the 2011 Manga Taisho Award and the grand prize at the 2014 Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The protagonist is Rei, a 17-year-old shogi player. He lives by himself, not having a family, and does not go to school and has scarcely any friends. Among his acquaintances is a family, which consists of a young woman, Akari, and two young girls, Momo and Hinata, and who also keep a numerous number of cats.
An anime adaptation of Sangatsu no Lion is currently in production for October on NHK, during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season. Additional information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
“Sangatsu no Lion”, “March Comes in like a Lion”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Chika Umino, Hakusensha, Shaft and the Sangatsu no Lion Production Committee