The official website of for P.A. Works’ (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara) 2014/2015 Shirobako anime has announced two new Premium Blu-ray volumes that will go on sale this November and December. Both will contain lots of goodies and additions for fans craving for more.
There will be two Shirobako Premium Blu-Ray volumes, each containing one cour of the anime (12 episodes each) and an Sepcial on 3 Blu-ray Discs. Volume 1 will release on November 23rd with episodes 1-12 and will retail for ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00). Volume 2 will release on December 21st with episodes 13-24 and will also retail for ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00).
In addition to the episodes, each volume will also contain 3 character song CDs. In each volume there will also be:
- A Special that features the characters from the anime’s anime
- Video of the respective Opening and Ending themes
- One part of the OST
- Storyboards of the respective volume’s first episode
- A collection of voice answering messages from the main cast
- A set of 8 illustration cards from character designer Ponkan 8
- A 156 page booklet
In addition, various stores will also be offering pre-order bonuses.
The main cast of the Shirobako anime includes:
- Juri Kimura (First major role) will voice Aoi Miyamori, the production manager of Musashino Animation
- Haruka Yoshimura (Kouko Kaminaga in Akuma no Riddle) voices Emma Yasuhara, the lead animator at Musashino Animation
- Asami Takano (First major role) voicing Misa Todou, the 3D CGI director at the studio
- Hitomi Ohwada (First major role) as Midori Imai, Musashino Animation’s lead writer
- Haruka Chisuga (Tsugumi Harudori in Soul Eater Not!) as Shizuka Sakaki, a voice actress working with Musashino Animation
The production staff of Shirobako consisted of:
- Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another)
- Series Composer: Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, RDG: Red Data Girl)
- Original Character Designer: Ponkan 8 (Original Artist of Oregairu)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kanami Sekiguchi (Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari)
- Animation Studio: P.A. Works (Angel Beats!, Nagi no Asukara)
There has been many talks about a second season of the anime, however, the director of Shirobako, Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Another), mentioned in an interview last July that a second season isn’t possible as his scheduled is filled for the next few years. He also notes that there is enough material to warrant a sequel.
Shirobako is an original series about creating anime. Specifically, it features a small group of cute girls aiming to tackle on one of Japan’s largest industries. The 5 girls work at Musashino Animation and each have a different and important role in the production of anime. The anime is a collaboration between P.A. Works with Girls und Panzer and Another director Tsutomu Mizushima. The anime began in October 2014 as a 2 cour series, ending in the Winter 2014/2015 anime season after a total of 24 episodes.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Five girls chase their dreams. The story revolves around the everyday troubles and hardships that occur when working in the anime industry, and the results and conflicts that happen day-to-day among the group of girls.
There will be two Premium Blu-ray Volumes for Shirobako coming out at the end of the year, both at ¥28,000 (~ US$275.00) each. Volume 1 contains episodes 1-12 with volume 2 having episodes 13-24, and will release on November 23rd and December 21st respectively.
Here is the Amazon Japan link for Vol. 1: https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHL59M/
And the link for Vol. 2: https://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LTHL59C/
“Shirobako”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 P.A. Works, Tsutomu Mizushima, Ponkan 8 and Shirobako Production Committee