The official website of the anime adaptation of Yuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) manga has revealed that the upcoming second season, Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars: The Second Plate), will run for a total of 13 episodes.
The first details about the Blu-ray and DVD home releases of the second season have been revealed. There will be 7 volumes with each volume containing 2 episodes each and the final episode only containing 1, making the second season a total of 13 episodes. The first 6 Blu-ray volumes will retail for ¥6,500 (~ US$63.50) without tax and the final volume will retail for ¥4,500 (~ US$44.00) without tax.
Here are the release dates for the volumes:
- Volume 1: September 28
- Volume 2: October 26
- Volume 3: November 23
- Volume 4: December 21
- Volume 5: January 25, 2017
- Volume 6: February 22, 2017
- Volume 7: March 29, 2017
Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara will start airing on Saturday, July 2nd on Tokyo MX at 10:00pm JST. The series will also air on the 3rd on BS11 at 1:30am JST and on MBS at 2:28am JST.
The main cast of the Shokugeki no Souma anime includes:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) voicing as Souma Yukihira
- Risa Taneda (Mirai Kuriyama in Kyoukai no Kanata) will voice Erina Nakiri
- Minami Takahashi (Mew from Pri Para) as Megumi Tadokoro
- Shizuka Ishigami (Namu Mayu from Kenzen Robo Daimidaler) as Ikumi Mito
The main members of the anime’s production crew are as follows:
- Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning, Hoshi no Umi no Amuri)
- Series Composer: Shogo Yasukawa (Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Terra Formars)
- Anime Character Designer: Tomoyuki Shitaya (Kiss×sis, Bakuman)
- Art Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff (Toradora!, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
The Opening theme song of the second season will be Rough Diamonds from SCREEN mode. The Ending theme song will be performed by nano.RIPE, with the song Snow Drop.
Here is the second season’s 1st promotional video:
And the second PV:
And the latest PV:
Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma) is a comedy, ecchi cooking manga written by Yuuto Tsukuda, illustrated by Shun Saeki with Chef Yuki Mirosaki adding recipes to the manga. The series began serialization in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in late 2012 and to date has a total of 10 compiled volumes released, with the 11th volume releasing in Japan on March 4th. A light novel adaptation of the manga began in February this year in Shueisha’s Jump j-Books, written by Michiko Itou and illustrated by Saeki himself. The manga itself has sold over 2 million copies to date.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Yukihira Souma’s dream is to become a full-time chef in his father’s restaurant and surpass his father’s culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma’s fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
The second season of the Shokugeki no Souma anime, Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara, will be airing on Tokyo MX on Saturdays at 10:00pm JST from July 2, during the Summer 2016 anime season.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara”, “Shokugeki no Souma”, “Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Yuuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, Shueisha, J.C. Staff, and the Shokugeki Production Committee