The official website of the upcoming anime film adaptation of Kenji Saitou and Akinari Nao’s Trinity Seven manga has finally opened and revealed that the movie will release in Japan in February 2017 across 16 theatres. In addition, the first visual and teaser trailer were also revealed.
Here is the first teaser trailer for the upcoming film, which reintroduces us the main characters of the series.
The site has also revealed that a Blu-ray re-release of the 2014 TV anime is set to release on January 25th, 2017. It will contain all 12 episodes of the anime and the OVA that was bundled with the 11th volume of the manga. The Blu-ray will also come with a special box featuring Lilith drawn by Tomooka Shinpei, as well as a booklet and uncredited Opening and Ending sequences. It will retail for ¥21,600 (~ US$208.35).
The main cast of the anime will reprise their roles in the 2017 film:
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) will voice the main character Arata Kasuga
- Yumi Hara (Takane Shijou in The [email protected]) is voicing Lilith Asami
- Ryoka Yuzuki (Satsuki Kiryuuin in Kill la Kill) as Akio Fudou
- Aya Uchida (Kotori Minami from Love Live! School Idol Project) will be voicing Arin Kannazuki
- Ayane Sakura (Kokoa Hoto from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?) will voice Levi Kazama
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou in Non Non Biyori) is voicing Yui Kurata
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) as Liselotte Sherlock
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama from K-ON!) will voice Mira Yamana
- Ayaka Suwa (Tokaku Azuma in Akuma no Riddle) voiced Hijiri Kasuga
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) voices Selina Sherlock
The production staff of the anime will also return:
- Director: Hiroshi Nishikiori (Azumanga Daioh, Toaru Majutsu no Index)
- Series Composer: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Accel World, Guilty Crown)
- Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Tomooka Shinpei (Sekirei, Inukami!)
- Music Composer: TECHNOBOYS PULCRAFT GREEN-FUND (Akikan!)
- Animation Studio: Seven Arcs Pictures (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Sekirei)
Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Masho Tsukai is a romantic comedy manga series written by Kenji Saitou and illustrated by Akinari Nao. The series launched in 2010 in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine and to date has a total of 14 volumes. The series received a drama CD adaptation in 2012, which was followed by a TV anime adaptation in October, 2014 and a light novel spin-off.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Everyday is a normal day in the small town where Kasuga Arata lives. However, everything changed on the day of the Black Sun, and following it, a magician appears before him. The Black Sun caused the Breakdown Phenomenon which destroyed the town where he lives. Because of this, his normal life was artificially reconstructed by a Grimoire that his childhood friend had left. Just what is the purpose of the magician coming to the town? What will he do with the Grimoire’s keepsake?
The Trinity Seven anime film is in production and set to release in 16 theatres across Japan in February 2017. Additional information about the film will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Anime News Network
“Trinity Seven”, “Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Masho Tsukai”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Kenji Saitou, Akinari Nao, Fujimi Shobo and Seven Arcs Pictures