The official website of the anime adaptation of Saki Hasemi and Kentaro Yabuki’s To Love-Ru manga has announced that two new OVAs are being produced this year to celebrate the series’ 10th anniversary.
There will be a total of two new OVAs that will be bundled with the upcoming volumes of the To LOVE-Ru Darkness manga that will celebrate 10 years of To LOVE-Ru. The first OVA will be an adaptation of chapters 49 and 50 of the manga. It will be bundled with the manga’s 16th volume, releasing on July 4th, 2016 – with orders opening on February 4th. The second OVA will also be adapting chapters from the manga, but it will be fan voted. Fans will be able to vote for which chapters/arcs the second OVA will adapt. The second OVA will be bundled with volume 17, out in Japan on December 2nd, 2016.
In addition, the 6th volume of the To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd is set to release on January 29, with episodes 11 and 12.
The main cast from the most recent anime, To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd, includes:
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) will return as Momo Belia Deviluke
- Misato Fukuen (Yoshika Miyafuji in Strike Witches) voices Konjiki no Yami
- Akeno Watanabe (Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist) returns to voice Rito Yuuki
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Mea Kurosaki
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in Sword Art Online) is voicing Lala Satalin Deviluke
- Sayuri Yahagi (Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo) will voice Haruna Sairenji
- Kanae Itou (Ruiko Saten from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun) reprises her role as Nana Astar Deviluke
- Kana Hanazawa (Kosaki Onodera from Nisekoi) as Mikan Yuuki
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) voices Yui Kotegawa
- Ryoka Yuzuki (Satsuki Kiryuuin in Kill la Kill) is voicing Celine and Risa Momioka
To LOVE-Ru is a comedy, romance manga written by Saki Hasemi and illustrated by Kentaro Yabuki. The original series ran from April 2006 and ended in August 2009 in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump for a total of 18 volumes. A sequel manga titled To LOVE-Ru Darkness began in the same magazine in 2010 and has a total of 10 volumes to date. An anime adaptation of the first manga was produced in 2008 by Xebec (Pandora Hearts, Break Blade) and directed by Takao Kato (Pandora Hearts, Upotte!!). A sequel anime was followed by in 2010 adapting the remainder of the manga, and the first anime adaptation of To LOVE-Ru Darkness was produced in 2012. The series also received many OVA and video game adaptations.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The story is about Rito Yuuki, a high-school boy who cannot confess to the girl of his dreams, Haruna Sairenji. One day when coming home and sulking in the bath-tub a mysterious, nude girl, appears out of nowhere. Her name is Lala and she comes from the planet Deviluke, where she is the heir to the throne. Her father wants her to return to her home planet so she can marry one of the husband candidates, but she decides that she wants to marry Rito in order to stay on Earth.
Two new OVAs will be produced this year for the 10th anniversary of To LOVE-Ru. Further information about the OVAs will be revealed in the next few months.
Source Article – Crunchyroll
“To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd”, “To LOVE-Ru Darkness”, “To LOVE-Ru”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Saki Hasemi, Kentaro Yabuki, Shueisha, Xebec and To LOVE-Ru Darkness Production Committee