The main cast of the anime has been revealed and will include:
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice Katsuhira Agata
- The story’s protagonist. His sense of pain and his own feelings are dulled. His moods barely fluctuate, and he pays little attention to other people
- Hibiku Yamamura (Haruna in Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio) is voicing as Noriko Sonosaki
- A mysterious and beautiful girl who experienced kizuna (connection) with Katsuhira and the others, and assigns them missions. She is even more emotionless than Katsuhira, and feels no human kindness
- Yuka Terasaki (Tenma Matsukaze from Inazuma Eleven Go) as Chidori Takashiro
- Katsuhira’s friend, and the class representative-type who always sees to everyone’s needs (or is nosy, if viewed negatively). Does she hold complex feelings for Katsuhira?
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) plays the role of Hajime Tenga
- A muscular idiot who tends not to look before he leaps. While he presents a rude front, he possesses the potential for leadership
- Misaki Kuno (Kate Hoshimiya from Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda) voices Nico Niiyama
- A mysterious yet spontaneous girl who says she can see fairies. Her personality is clear not just in her attitude but also in her fashion
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Haruka Nanase in Free!) is voicing Tsuguto Yuta
- A handsome and self-satisfied honor student who is always surrounded by girls. He is a selfish and calculating man with an underhanded nature, and is cold to other men
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) as Honoka Maki
- A girl who exudes a calm, grown-up air, and who tends not to group with people. She tends to say mean things, glare menacingly, and is generally unsociable
- Koutarou Nishiyama (Kazuhito Narita from Haikyuu!!) is voicing Yoshiharu Hisomu
- A handsome man with a distinct face that anyone can recognize, but he is surrounded by many mysteries. His multiple piercings and his bandaged look are extremely distinctive
The leading staff members of the Kiznaiver anime includes:
- Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi (Kimi no Iru Machi, Kill la Kill Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Mari Okada (Hanasaku Iroha, Toradora!)
- Anime Character Designer: Mai Yoneyama (Kill la Kill and Black Rock Shooter Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Ninja Slayer)
Here is the anime’s first commercial:
Here is the anime’s synopsis:
Set in the fictional Japanese city of Sugomori City, one day Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: “You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver.” The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his.
The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.
Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city’s population is decreasing. The story is set in this town where Katsuhira and the others live.
In an interview in the magazine, scriptwriter Okada stated that the keyword for the series is “kizuna” (connection). The title itself is a play on “kizuna” and “naive.” Okada noted that she wrote the title before the story outline.
Studio Trigger is currently producing Kiznaiver, a brand new original TV anime, that will be broadcasting this April during the Spring 2016 anime season. Further information about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
“Kiznaiver”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Studio Trigger, Mari Okada and the Kiznaiver Production Committee