The first full promotional video has been released for the upcoming Yuri!!! On Ice original TV anime. The new video briefly introduces the main cast of the anime in a grand way. The anime itself is based on Sayo Yamamoto’s 2015 Japan Animator Expo anime short, Endless Night, which focused on figure skating.
Yuri!!! On Ice will air this October during the Fall/Autumn 2016 anime season.
Here is the teaser promotional video of the anime:
Here is the main cast of the upcoming anime:
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!!) is voicing Yuuri Katsuki
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer from Fate/stay/night) as Victor Nikifolov
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park) will voice Yuri Prisezki
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass) joins the cast to voice Takeshi Nishigori.
The leading members of the production staff consists of:
- Director and Script Supervisor: Sayo Yamamoto (Texhnolyze, Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna)
- Original Character Designer: Mitsurou Kubo (Moteki, 3.3.7 Byooshi)
- Anime Character Designer: Tadashi Hiramatsu (Parasyte -the maxim-, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou)
- Figure Skating Choreography: Kenji Miyamoto
- Music Composers: Taro Umebayashi (Space Dandy) and Taku Matsushiba (Debut Role)
- Animation Studio: Mappa (Zankyou no Terror, Hajime no Ippo Rising)
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The show’s story revolves around Yuuri Katsuki, who carried all of Japan’s hopes on his shoulders to win at the Gran Prix Finale ice skating competition, but suffered a crushing defeat. He returns home to Kyushu and half feels like he wants to retire, and half feels like he wants to continue ice skating. With those mixed feelings swirling inside him, he confines himself inside his parents house. Suddenly the five-time consecutive world championship ice skater Victor Nikiforov appears before him, and along with him is Yuri Plisetsky, a young Russian figure skater who is already defeating his seniors. Victor and both Yuris take up the challenge on an unprecedented Gran Prix series.