The official website of the anime adaptation of Yuuya Kurokami and Karuna Kanzaki’s Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism (Armed Girl’s Machiavellism) manga has revealed that the Spring anime will start airing from April 5th. The site has also been updated with new character designs for the series’ main cast and revealed a new promotional video.
The Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism anime will be airing every Wednesday on AT-X at 11:00pm JST from April 5th. The series will also start airing on Tokyo MX from the 6th at 1:35am JST, on KBS Kyoto from the 7th at 1:30am JST, TV Aichi from the 9th at 2:50am JST and on BS11 from the 11th at 3:00am JST.
The updated character designs have been released for the anime’s main cast, which consists of:
- Yuuki Takada (Aoba Suzukaze from New Game!) who will voice Rin Onigawara
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Fudou Nomura
- Eriko Matsui (Benio Yonomori in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) voices Kirukiru Amou
- Natsumi Hioka (Machi Amayadori from Kuma Miko) will voice Tsukuyo Inaba
- Nozomi Nishida (Makina Nakajima in Macross Delta) will be voicing the role of Satori Tamaba
- Sayaka Kitahara (Aoi Sorano from Inazuma Eleven GO) as Mary Kikakujou
- Rina Hidaka (Silica from Sword Art Online) will voice Warabi Hanasaka
The anime’s production staff includes:
- Director: Hideki Tachibana (Dragon Crisis!, BlazBlue Alter Memory )
- Series Composer: Kento Shimoyama (Bleach, No Game, No Life )
- Anime Character Designer: Shoko Takimoto (Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus)
- Music Composer: Hiromi Mizutani (Non Non Biyori, Toriko)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya)
The anime’s official website has also revealed the main theme songs. The Opening theme song will be Shocking Blue performed by Miku Itou. The Ending theme will be DECIDE from the anime’s main cast.
The anime’s second promotional video has been released, which previews the OP and introduces the premise and characters.
Here is the anime’s first promotional video:
The anime will also have a stage event at AnimeJapan on March 26th, where further details about the adaptation will be revealed.
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism (Armed Girl’s Machiavellism) is a school action manga written by Yuuya Kurokami and illustrated by Karuna Kanzak.The manga began in March 2014, published under Kadokawa’s Monthly Shonen Ace magazine. To date a total of 5 volumes have be compiled and published, with the 5th volume scheduled to release in Japan on June 26. 2016. A TV anime adaptation of the series was announced in June 2016 and is slated for Spring 2017.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The Private Aichi Symbiosis Academy was originally a high school for high-class girls, when it became co-ed, the girls, out of fear, asked to be permitted to bring weapons to school. When that was enforced, a five-member vigilante corps-like organization called the “Supreme Five Swords” was also formed.
After many generations, the five swords eventually became a group which corrected problematic students and such the academy started proactively accepting such students in order to correct them.
Nomura Fudou was sent to that school after being part of a huge brawl, what will he do when the only options he has after enrolling are being expelled from that school too or being corrected the way the rest of the male students there were…by being forced to dress and act like girls!
The Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism TV anime adaptation will premiere on AT-X on Wednesday, April 5th at 11:00pm JST, during the Spring 2017 anime season. Further details about the series will be revealed at AnimeJapan on March 26th.
“Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism”, “Armed Girl’s Machiavellism”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Yuuya Kurokami, Karuna Kanzak, Kadokawa and Silver Link