The official website of the Digimon Adventure anime project has revealed that the upcoming 5th chapter of the 6 part Digimon Adventure tri. film series, Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei (Symbiosis), will release in theatres across Japan on September 30. In addition, the first trailer was also released.
The 5th chapter of the Digimon Adventure tri. anime will release in theatres across Japan on Saturday, September 30. The chapter will be out for 3 weeks in a limited screening and will feature episodes 18-21. Pre-orders for the chapter will also be available on the day of the film’s release. The anime will also be available on Crunchyroll on the same day.
The first trailer for Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei was released showing off the new bonds and friends the Digi-Destined have made :
The 4th chapter of the anime released in Japanese theatres on February 25, containing episodes 14-17. The chapter released in Japan on Blu-ray and DVD on April 4th, 2017. The Digimon Adventure tri. series will be comprised of a total of 6 films, each film running for the equivalent of 4 episodes.
The main cast of the Digi-Destined in Digimon Adventure tri. consists of:
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice lead character Taichi Yagami
- Suzuko Mimori (Umi Sonoda in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Sora Takenouchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Yamato Ishida
- Mutsumi Tamura (Sonya from Kill Me Baby) is voicing Koushiro Izumi
- Hitomi Yoshida (Haru Miura from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) will voice Mimi Tachikawa
- Junya Ikeda (Ataru Suruga in Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince) voices Jo Kido
- Junya Enoki (Shion Kiba from Cardfight!! Vanguard G) as Takeru Takaishi
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) will play Hikari Yagami
The main Digimon cast of the original Digimon Adventure anime returns in Digimon Adventure tri.:
- Chika Sakamoto (Kou Yaten from Sailor Moon: Super Stars) will return as Agumon
- Mayumi Yamaguchi (Forte Stollen in Galaxy Angel) will voice Gabumon
- Katori Shigematsu (Garudamon from Digimon X-Evolution) is back as Piyomon
- Junko Takeuchi (Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto) returning as Gomamon
- Kinoko Yamada (Jinko Komori in Itazura na Kiss) as Palmon
- Miwa Matsumoto (Akira Sukawara in Zettai Shounen) voices Patamon
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass) will be voicing Tentomon
- Yuka Tokumitsu (Rina Takashimizu from Futari wa Precure) voices Tailmon
The main staff members of Digimon Adventure tri. includes:
- Director: Keitaro Motonaga (Date A Live, Katanagatari)
- Anime Character Designer: Atsuya Uki (tsuritama, Cencoroll)
- Series Composer: Yuko Kakihara (Sora no Otoshimono, Persona 4: The Animation)
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation (Sailor Moon Crystal, One Piece)
Digimon (Digital Monsters in Japan) is a large multimedia franchise that was based on Bandai’s Digivice products, which first released in 1997. The toys were based on Tamagotchis, which were also produced by Bandai. The toys were seen as more female orientated products, so Bandai created a new line of products for a male equivalent. The first anime adaptation, Digimon Adventure, was produced in 1999 by Toei Animation. A film and TV anime were released alongside each other in 1999, the movie being a 20 minute anime produced by Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). Since then there has been numerous anime series, toys, figures, manga, video games and trading card games in the franchise. 2014 marked the 15th anniversary of Digimon Adventure with a new 6 episode anime film/OVA series anime titled Digimon Adventure tri. releasing in Japanese cinemas from November 2015.
The fifth chapter of Digimon Adventure tri., Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei, will be releasing in Japanese theatres on September 30. Additional details about chapter 5 will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s official website here: http://digimon-adventure.net/
And follow the campaign on Twitter: @Digi_advntr15th
“Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 5: Kyousei”, “Digimon Adventure tri.”, “Digimon”, “Digimon Adventure”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Akiyoshi Hongo, Bandai and Toei Animation